JXD S7800? Seems like a pretty obscure device.

neekee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks guys. That last link doesn't work either for me but I'll figure it out. Thanks again for the help :)

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Old topic I know but ALL the nagging issues of the S7800 have now been fixed in one go because they finally released the source code and a member over on Dingoonity has fixed everything. So thats the HDMI output, battery indicator, analogue sticks, 60hz, the lot. Took him a couple of days to fix what JXD couldn't in over a year.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If this is the wrong section, I apologize...So I just recently heard of this Android tablet, it boasts a quad-core 1.8 GHz CPU (one model version anyway), a 7" 1280 x 800 IPS screen, 2 GB of RAM, dual analog sticks, a d-pad, shoulder buttons, it looks like it would be one helluva table for emulation and other types of gaming, and it's reasonably priced too, going for $178 on Amazon. They even showcase PSX and N64 emulation on here http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/jxd-s7800-quad-core-will-be-released!/ looks to emulate very, very well.

Except for Snes emulation, the sound was way off and spotty, are there Snes9x ports that are actually based off of 1.53 and not 1.43/1.51, after Blargg's S-SMP code was implemented? I've yet to see an Android port of Snes9x with such a feature. Anyways, what I'm trying to find out is, would this be a better route to go than getting a PSP for homebrew? I only ask since this thing seems to be quite capable and has the advantage of full speed N64 emulation, even HDMI out from what I've seen.
Snes9X EX+ is based on 1.53. It's also the only port (apart from RetroArch I suppose) that's free, open source, gives proper credit... everything an emulator port should do, but which Android ports tend not to.

Edit: I guess that was an old post, this might still be useful to someone though...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes9X EX+ is based on 1.53. It's also the only port (apart from RetroArch I suppose) that's free, open source, gives proper credit... everything an emulator port should do, but which Android ports tend not to.

Edit: I guess that was an old post, this might still be useful to someone though...

It's fine, no worries. I would probably get an nVidia shield instead to be brutally honest, I've been hearing of numerous issues with the JXD and HDMI output (screen tearing) among battery issues.

Old topic I know but ALL the nagging issues of the S7800 have now been fixed in one go because they finally released the source code and a member over on Dingoonity has fixed everything. So thats the HDMI output, battery indicator, analogue sticks, 60hz, the lot. Took him a couple of days to fix what JXD couldn't in over a year.

Seems I got ninja'd lol, they really fixed those issues??? Dang.....

What's the name of the thread that has this? I can't seem to find it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nice to see that JXD still can't get their shit together. I remember getting an S7200B and reselling it after one month. Worst Android device I've ever owned.

With the S7200B they didn't release the source, so nobody could fix their mess. Good thing that this time they did :D

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to see that JXD still can't get their shit together. I remember getting an S7200B and reselling it after one month. Worst Android device I've ever owned.

With the S7200B they didn't release the source, so nobody could fix their mess. Good thing that this time they did :D

Still don't know if I can trust buying one from one of their retailers, I've heard horror stories of people not getting their device for a month of two after they order it. Gee, that's good customer service. Well, I still need the money to get one, but I'm torn between this and the Shield handheld, to be honest.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Still don't know if I can trust buying one from one of their retailers, I've heard horror stories of people not getting their device for a month of two after they order it. Gee, that's good customer service. Well, I still need the money to get one, but I'm torn between this and the Shield handheld, to be honest.
I remember waiting around one month for mine. And I even had to pay customs on top of that :hateit:

Anyway, I'd get a Shield if it was you. The only good thing of the JXD tablets are the built-in controls. ...Which were kinda mediocre back on the S7200B :P

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember waiting around one month for mine. And I even had to pay customs on top of that :hateit:

Anyway, I'd get a Shield if it was you. The only good thing of the JXD tablets are the built-in controls. ...Which were kinda mediocre back on the S7200B :P

Yeah, I feel kinda silly making this thread, esp. after seeing all that the Shield can do lol :P I mean, they're both Android, but at least with the Shield, I don't have to go through some less-than-reputable retailer, maybe I'll get one when I get my tax refund, hopefully they'll still be available by then (as in, nVidia doesn't abruptly halt production, you know? I wonder if they'll lower the price again, now that the Shield Tablet is out, which doesn't really appeal to me.

Reactions: raulpica

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the JXD is an old device now. I like the look of the Shield Tablet. That K1 or whatever its called is a powerful beast! Someone just needs to pop that in a tablet with physical controls and that would be my next purchase.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the JXD is an old device now. I like the look of the Shield Tablet. That K1 or whatever its called is a powerful beast! Someone just needs to pop that in a tablet with physical controls and that would be my next purchase.

It does have a controller you can get with it, a Shield controller, but the price of both are a deal-breaker for me.

ital

Trophies
XP
How is Dreamcast emulation on this handheld? Is it perfect yet or still a bit hit/miss?

Also, thanks for the link to the updated firmware.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
I just found out for this device, everything seems fine, but wanted to check, is refresh rate really that important?

I mean this device has 54Hz, and will it be enough for visual novels? That the main genre I play anyway. Plus some emulation of Lucas Arts games?

Also, I have bad eyesight, so is 54Hz bad for eyes ? This is kinda precaution question because I didn't have problems with Nintendo devices..

Thx people

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Aha ok then, I really don't know where did I saw that info.

Ok then, any info about emulation (PPSSPP and SCUMMVM) on this handheld? Clarity of text, colors etc?

I am talking about S7800b

thx

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The S7800 isn't 54hz so not sure where you have seen that information. Its 60hz which is standard for handheld devices.

I know the kernel was closed-source until recently, Webclaw (I think), managed to fix the 58 Hz issue along with other control-related issues the stock kernel had with it. Also, the HDMI out had issues as well, with screen tearing and framerate degradation. Those issues have been fixed AFAIK.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aha ok then, I really don't know where did I saw that info.

Ok then, any info about emulation (PPSSPP and SCUMMVM) on this handheld? Clarity of text, colors etc?

I am talking about S7800b

thx

Not tried ScummVM but by all accounts it runs really well. PPSSPP is a great emulator. Doesn't run all games well but the ones that do work run pretty much perfectly. Check out these vids I did a while back showing a few games I had been playing on PPSSPP. So far I've tried nearly 50 games that run more or less perfectly.

Reactions: the_randomizer

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I know the newer versions offer better compatibility with some of the games that didn't work at all or very well, but it seemed to be at the expense of performance across the board (isn't it always!)

So I've stuck with the older version because apart from one or two games, it plays everything I want it to anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make... +1