LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
530713038_168.jpg

I had this tablet since Christmas (obviously a holiday present) and There are some final kinks I'm trying to iron out. Anybody willing to share some advice with me?

Status bar
Is there a way I can hide the Android 4.0 status bar on a per app basis? A lot of older Gameloft games could use this as playing them with the bar showing, forces the input to respond under the on screen buttons.

Bluetooth
There does not seem to be Bluetooth support via the settings menu but the device is rooted and obviously I could just drop Bluetooth related files in the system folder. This device has support for USB host devices like a Keyboard, mouse and USB stick, is there any way a person could add Bluetooth support (for a USB Bluetooth dongle) to this device?

XBox 360 controller
This situation is the same as the Bluetooth issue. Android 3.0+ is supposed to have XBox 360 controller support yet, I cant seem to get my wired controller to respond. :(

RAM
Is there a better way to handle Ram on this device? I am using "AutoKiller Memory" under the "Ultimate" setting. I'm also using the "Reduce Texture Size" option in Chainfire. Any suggestions?

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell me how you rooted your device and the information in your about tablet settings? I want to root my tablet too but no one can or has been helping.

Anyways, That Status Bar thing has me stumped. I too would prefer my bar at the top.

Adding Bluetooth to your JXD is not possible through USB, atleast for now. If you need Bluetooth for music however, there are a few 3.5mm bluetooth transmitters that stream audio. They can be had for as little as $20.
As for your 360 controller issue, I just don't know. Maybe its due to the fact your particular kernal does not have that support. It is a chinese made and programed device after all. Just because its running android doesn't mean Google supports the device themselves. Or you could perhaps only need an app from the app market to get started.

Your RAM issue is a permanent one. Your processor + ram is just a little bit better than whats basically required for ICS to run properly. Its super cool that your tablet cost less than $100, a hell of a bargain, but on the otherside, your tablet cost less than $100. No Bluetooth, 360 support, and lag is expected of a tablet that costs less than $100 to buy. You can buy your tablet for $70 on most sites right now which is pretty incredible given that pretty much every other dedicated media device out there is like $50. I bought an app on my Nexus 7 thats supposed to reduce app startup time though, its called Seeder. It requires root.

Which is why I'm desperate to root my device because I've actually paid money for quite a number of apps, and my most favorite ones need root. Seeder, Ad Free, Beats Audio, Set CPU, Titanium Backup, file managers, and Nova Prime has features that require root that can improve my lag just a little but I can't without help.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell me how you rooted your device and the information in your about tablet settings? I want to root my tablet too but no one can or has been helping.

Anyways, That Status Bar thing has me stumped. I too would prefer my bar at the top.

Adding Bluetooth to your JXD is not possible through USB, atleast for now. If you need Bluetooth for music however, there are a few 3.5mm bluetooth transmitters that stream audio. They can be had for as little as $20.
As for your 360 controller issue, I just don't know. Maybe its due to the fact your particular kernal does not have that support. It is a chinese made and programed device after all. Just because its running android doesn't mean Google supports the device themselves. Or you could perhaps only need an app from the app market to get started.

Your RAM issue is a permanent one. Your processor + ram is just a little bit better than whats basically required for ICS to run properly. Its super cool that your tablet cost less than $100, a hell of a bargain, but on the otherside, your tablet cost less than $100. No Bluetooth, 360 support, and lag is expected of a tablet that costs less than $100 to buy. You can buy your tablet for $70 on most sites right now which is pretty incredible given that pretty much every other dedicated media device out there is like $50. I bought an app on my Nexus 7 thats supposed to reduce app startup time though, its called Seeder. It requires root.

Which is why I'm desperate to root my device because I've actually paid money for quite a number of apps, and my most favorite ones need root. Seeder, Ad Free, Beats Audio, Set CPU, Titanium Backup, file managers, and Nova Prime has features that require root that can improve my lag just a little but I can't without help.

my s6600 came to me already rooted but I'm sure there's a generic Android 4.0 root situation somewhere. What model tablet do you have?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1