Hacking Just want to double-check my hacking options...

ksdixon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PSTV Firmware 3.36
PSVita1000 Firmware 3.50

Both are set-up with a UK PSN account, attempting to format either device wants me to deactivate the PSVita/PSTV (says it can't be done afterwards, such as on the website), and also wants me to Update System Firmware as part of the formatting process, so I NOPE'd the hell out of there, because I don't want to update either device's firmware any futher than they already are.

From what I've read already, it seems my options may be somewhat limited?

PSVita 1000 - OFW 3.50 - http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_350.html

Seems like I may be out of luck. "World of Pool (EU)" is unavailable to buy in the EU PStore; my Vita is set-up with a UK account, and formatting (to set-up with my USA account in order to buy "Ape Escape") apparently wants to upgrade the firmware.

PSTV - OFW 3.36 - http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_336.html
Whilst it looks like I could enable PSP Homebrew for old console emulators, I already have a hacked PSP to do that on. I'm more interested in if I am theoretically able to use the "Proof Of Concept: Running unplayable vita games on PSTV" by mr. gas shown, if it gets released publically:

Overall I'm a bit puzzelled. Sony seem intent on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. PSVita/PSTV should be a lot more desireable than they are, but each seem to be weighted-down by poor design decisions. In my opinion SONY should release a PSVita 3000 SKU with:

- Ability to support multiple user accounts, not just one account per hardware.
- L2/R2 shoulder buttons, clickable L3/R3 sticks for 1:1 PS4 Remote Play input.
- Output to HDTV (like PSTV).
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with DS4 controller.

D

Deleted-355425

PSTV Firmware 3.36
PSVita1000 Firmware 3.50

Both are set-up with a UK PSN account, attempting to format either device wants me to deactivate the PSVita/PSTV (says it can't be done afterwards, such as on the website), and also wants me to Update System Firmware as part of the formatting process, so I NOPE'd the hell out of there, because I don't want to update either device's firmware any futher than they already are.

From what I've read already, it seems my options may be somewhat limited?

PSVita 1000 - OFW 3.50 - http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_350.html

Seems like I may be out of luck. "World of Pool (EU)" is unavailable to buy in the EU PStore; my Vita is set-up with a UK account, and formatting (to set-up with my USA account in order to buy "Ape Escape") apparently wants to upgrade the firmware.

PSTV - OFW 3.36 - http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSV/RESULT_VITA_336.html
Whilst it looks like I could enable PSP Homebrew for old console emulators, I already have a hacked PSP to do that on. I'm more interested in if I am theoretically able to use the "Proof Of Concept: Running unplayable vita games on PSTV" by mr. gas shown, if it gets released publically:

Overall I'm a bit puzzelled. Sony seem intent on snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. PSVita/PSTV should be a lot more desireable than they are, but each seem to be weighted-down by poor design decisions. In my opinion SONY should release a PSVita 3000 SKU with:

- Ability to support multiple user accounts, not just one account per hardware.
- L2/R2 shoulder buttons, clickable L3/R3 sticks for 1:1 PS4 Remote Play input.
- Output to HDTV (like PSTV).
- Wireless Bluetooth pairing with DS4 controller.

I seriously doubt Sony will bring out a new handheld console, they fucked this one up good and proper.

Reactions: Bonny

psvpwner

Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure what you mean by saying your 3.50 Vita is asking you to update? 3.50 is the latest firmware at this time...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye yeah those are great too