Just Started with FireFox

Asha Kai

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just made the switch yesterday from IE, couple of thing i was wondering though.
The in browser spell check does not seem to work, i can mis type anything and its not highlighted. (option is ticked though.)
Is there a way to keep certain cookies when catche cleaning? maybe a addon?
Can the default palce holder images be changed or turned off?, its so ugly to have little windows 98 bitmap file like icons poping up before the images on a web page load.

Thanks for any help.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well have you tried to right click the boxes you type within to enable it? You should be seeing red squiggles under badly written words.

And I'm not familiar with any win9x placeholders as I have broadband, but I didn't think little red X's were that aggravating really, but there probably is a place somewhere to disable it but I've never looked.

Far as cookies go, if you go into the area with them in the config place you can selectively delete them from a ellipse box button there instead of just the checkbox and all is gone.

...oh and congrats on dumping that buggy trashy virus and trojan magnet browser that is IE.

Jon eBegood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.skynet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Is there a way to keep certain cookies when catche cleaning? maybe a addon?
Can the default palce holder images be changed or turned off?, its so ugly to have little windows 98 bitmap file like icons poping up before the images on a web page load.

For the cookie: Menu Tools/Options/Private Life/ and set what you want.

For the loading image go to Mozilla Firefox directory, go in res\ directory and replace loading-image.gif with a transparent gif you made or by something you would like to see.

For the download manager download flashgot plug-in.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Vaugely remember an extension called "Cookieculler" that let you mark which cookies you wanted to keep, then delete all except those. But you had to manually press the "erase cookies" button from inside the extension; Firefox's built in "delete all cookies" functions ignored it.

(Which version of Firefox are you using though, because this might not be relevant to Firefox 2.0 )

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd also recommend the IETab extension for all your websites that have issues with Firefox. It allows you to open a window using IE through firefox, instead of having to open a seperate browser.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
use Flock, its a browser built from the FF source code, but it looks nicer, and in my opinion, better

Also, has nift things like letting u download films from youtube and google video etc
Also, it has a built in fotobucket assec bar, meanin u can drag and drop fotos onto blogs or forums

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night