Hacking Just some information about 3ds vc download play.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i just happend to come across this and am posting for anyone who wanna know.
Anyway I was playing Super mario bros 3 on my 3ds which is a Virtual console game of the nes game, and i open the pause menu and saw the download play option. I got curious and wanted to try it out. It works well it plays as if playin the game on consle with second controller plugged in, mirroring the game on each console. Host is player one and client is player two. For a game like Super mario bros 3 where you take turns you can hold L & R button and press Y to change player controls and play with one system. It is pretty good, and wanted to share with anyone who may not have tried it yet.

Now the reason for this post is the other thing i wanted to share. I currently have a 3ds with LumaCFW on it, and i wanted to try it with a different game. The one i used was Super c, I installed the Japanese version of Super C with the ciangel thing and tried to use the download play, but it doesn't work. In japanese it kept asking me to turn on the wifi connections of the system as if they were off. (It was on) So i switched it off, and said the same thing, i turned it on and it said the same thing. Basically what i am saying is download play with mis match title reigons (JAP game on USA console) doesn't function. So if anyone is able to try this or fix this, is a thing now. You never know why someone would want to do something like this but i did and i discovered this. :unsure:

ishygdaft

A mystery wrapped in an enigma
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think 3ds systems can accept download play seeds for out of region games. For example, my 3ds running Mario Kart EUR couldn't share with another 3ds.
Both were US units.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This isn't limited to out of region games only. I have a MK7 US cia installed and it doesn't allow me to create a room to play (only to join). If you need a vc example, I also installed a Super Mario Bros. romhack made with the US Virtual Console version that allows you to use download play as well. It throws the same error as Sonic said. Using Luma3DS here as well

Sent from my 1DS

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This isn't limited to out of region games only. I have a MK7 US cia installed and it doesn't allow me to create a room to play (only to join). If you need a vc example, I also installed a Super Mario Bros. romhack made with the US Virtual Console version that allows you to use download play as well. It throws the same error as Sonic said. Using Luma3DS here as well

Sent from my 1DS

What model is that? /jk

Sometimes the roms/cias don't have the DL option dumped or may be incomplete in some way or sort.
It happened to me with MK7 and Mario Party IT, just tried different dumps and worked. and mk7 dumped it from a friends cartridge.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's an US o3ds. I'll try learning how to dump games though. Didn't really care about mk7 because I already own the cartridge and I'm not the only one that can host a room when playing with friends

Sent from my 1DS

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried updating the mario kart game? There was a update for mario kart 7 (Ver1.1) In order for download play to work, both systems have to be on the latest version and gamee updates must be install if the game has any. i don't have my mario kart 7 cart (Still looking for it) So i can't test with it right now, but i'll see about installing a cia to try.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The cia I installed has the update already built-in, had to find this one in particular because it won't work with ctgp-7 otherwise (I downloaded the cia just for it. Totally worth it). Anyway, still tried with another cias with/without the update built-in... and nope, no one allows me to create a room for local multiplayer mode...
Btw the update doesn't affect local multiplayer mode at all, it only patches the online mode

Sent from my 1DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning