Hardware Just received a fake 3DS Hori Screen Protector

adrian2040

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I should have guessed they were counterfeit due to their low price. They look like the real deal, but they have a normal 3 in the 3DS part rather than the red-coloured 3 of the 3DS Logo. Should I use them for the time being? Mostly for the top screen.

Also, where can I buy real Hori Screen Protectors for the 3DS? I'm searching for an online retailer that ships worldwide and that accepts Google Checkout. Thanks in advance!

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too bad you bought one. But I have a question to you and an answer.

Question
Where did you buy the fake protector? Because I would like to know where we shouldn't buy it.

Answer
I'm sorry, but I don't know where you could. Maybe you can find it at Shoptemp.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmmm. i would guess using them on the top screen would be ok. But ive heard that using them on the bottom screen can be very dangerous and can hurt the bottom screen pretty badly if its a fake.

D

Deleted User

Didja get it from a guy called 'fizz' from ebay? I bought some too-how do you remove them?

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity why the big issue with 'fake' screen protectors? I mean are they black and non-seethrough?
tongue.gif
I mean sure fake is bad but is the quality so out of place?

D

Deleted User

Yup. the cloths suck, they scratch easy, and the adhesive is lethal to the screen

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Amazon sells both Hori and Icon. I used the ones from Icon. They do not use adhesive they stick by static. I have used them before also with no problems and when I removed them they did not ruin the screens. They last a long time too, had them on my DS for over a year. Since they stick by static you gently lift up a corner with your fingernail and then slowly pull it off.

Eon-Rider

Trophies
Website
www.kablooza.co.cc
XP
Country
I bought fake screen protectors from DealExtreme for my DSi and they're amazing so don't discredit all fake screen protectors. I've ordered supposedly the same ones for the 3DS and they seem fine.

adrian2040, I suggest you try it out. Rub your stylus on it. If it's smooth and silky, use it. If not, then the choice is entirely up to you.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is only one real amptor.

Oh wait, wrong thread
biggrin.gif

But on topic, with less being silly. I only purchased a genuine Hori for my launch PSP and I can tell you it is a great product. But I would agree with the above. If you already have the product, try it out and see if it works good. If it doesn't you can always swap a different one on.

I have a fake hori for DS and haven't used it yet. I've been using Fellows touch screen protectors for PDAs on it. They aren't that good though but it does the job and you can buy piles of them on ebay cheaper than one genuine Hori costs. But I have since got tired of using screen protectors so for my DSi and my 3DS i leave them bare. If I ever need a new screen, I'll just purchase a new system. I haven't had any problem with the stylus scratching either screen so it is a lot cleaner leaving it alone. Just my honest opinion for my own use.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dunno I guess. I got a whole bunch of screen protectors from the dollar stores in Japan. They've worked fine for me on my DS Lite for years. If I ever get a 3DS I'll have to hit the dollar stores in Japan again for more screen protectors
tongue.gif

Sebastian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a fake screen protector for my DS from an online retailer, but worked well.
I'm pretty sure this is in a little better quality, better protection!
closedeyes.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
adrian2040 said:
I should have guessed they were counterfeit due to their low price. They look like the real deal, but they have a normal 3 in the 3DS part rather than the red-coloured 3 of the 3DS Logo. Should I use them for the time being? Mostly for the top screen.

Also, where can I buy real Hori Screen Protectors for the 3DS? I'm searching for an online retailer that ships worldwide and that accepts Google Checkout. Thanks in advance!
Amazon is your best friend for this one.

Well, I didn't buy from them the protectors but a lot of other stuff such as blurays. They accept a wide range of payment methods.

An alternative would be play-asia, but they might be more expensive, depending on region.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: