Just made two save states on accident... how to "fix"? (DeSmuME)

qs3d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Aight, so I was just playing Pokemon White 2 and was forced to use save states since I already had a save on that game and already made some good progress. So I was just playing the game as normal when my dog came in behind my computer to chew on some wires. So I save stated so I wouldn't lose progress and it "worked" just fine. Later I went on the start playing again when it said it had an error loading the save state, so I tried looking around to see if I can fix it and made another save state on accident... So I was wondering if I could somehow "fix" this to get back to where I was or close, I am cringing so much at this mistake right now.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normally a savestate overwrites the one before. No real options for recovery directly. Nothing like the conventional save option pokemon has where it flicks between two different saves in case one gets corrupted.

Easiest thing will be if your pokemon game was saved normally then load that and deal with any lost progress.

If you don't have that then depending upon the savestate you still have there might be enough data still in it or in RAM to replicate the state of the game, or enough of it that you can do a session in pokesav or whatever to replicate what you had. You will need to load it, dump the memory (technically a savestate is a memory dump but let's not go there, look at where it is all housed in memory and copy that data into a working save. Outside chance you can figure out what was broken with that save and fix that instead.

Otherwise you have learned the "this is why we keep multiple copies of important information" life lesson.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtube.com/shorts/zaubG06FZ1Q?si=sHbKxlndEs1l_swO