Hardware Just got the 3G to MicroSD adapter.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Nice video.

Though I have to say, I don't think the reason @yifan_lu is not going to produce more of these due to how difficult it was for him. It's due to the mindset of producing these. He took it on as a project to see how doable it was given the power consumption and such. It's also a reason why the funding was towards the development and research, rather the product of a quality working board.

Reactions: KiiWii

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Many would rather take the SD2Vita adapter instead, due to the ease of use, not to mention it works with all the PlayStation Vita models. However... This adapter is pretty nice as it is permanently well installed, and doesn't block the cartridge slot. I'd get one, but I do not own the 3G Vita.

This adapter really is underappreciated by the community.

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: rommy667

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Many would rather take the SD2Vita adapter instead, due to the ease of use, not to mention it works with all the PlayStation Vita models. However... This adapter is pretty nice as it is permanently well installed, and doesn't block the cartridge slot. I'd get one, but I do not own the 3G Vita.

This adapter really is underappreciated by the community.
You can get a 3G mainboard for your vita, they aren't too expensive, you will need to cut out part of the plastic shell on the inside to make it fit but it doesn't hurt anything.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
You can get a 3G board for your vita, they aren't too expensive, you will need to cut out part of the plastic shell to make it fit but it doesn't hurt anything.
I know that. It's the money I don't have and don't want to spend that stops me from doing so. I can do with a cheap SD2Vita. Plus, I'd have to get the 3G SD adapter too.

460cidpower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Yifan Lu's 3G to MicroSD adapter. Installed it and documented my installation. It was very easy to install.

I just received Spheresolid's adapter in the mail today.

I've got the 3G FAT Vita on 3.6 Enso using the stock 16GB memory card. I've got a 128GB micro SD card. (I don't have an SD2VITA adapter, is it required?)

What format should the 128GB card be in? NFTS? FAT32?

How do I transfer the stuff off the stock card to the new 3G 128GB card? Where is the driver found from that video?

After install does this just replace the stock card altogether, so it gets removed?

Can I setup offline Enso too while I'm at it?

Sorry for all the questions, the Vita scene seems a lot different than the PS3/3DS/WII/WIIu stuff I've been used to.

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just received Spheresolid's adapter in the mail today.

I've got the 3G FAT Vita on 3.6 Enso using the stock 16GB memory card. I've got a 128GB micro SD card. (I don't have an SD2VITA adapter, is it required?)

What format should the 128GB card be in? NFTS? FAT32?

How do I transfer the stuff off the stock card to the new 3G 128GB card? Where is the driver found from that video?

After install does this just replace the stock card altogether, so it gets removed?

Can I setup offline Enso too while I'm at it?

Sorry for all the questions, the Vita scene seems a lot different than the PS3/3DS/WII/WIIu stuff I've been used to.
-
It should be formatted in FAT32 or ExFAT(these options are recommended)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome