Hacking Just got my EZ Flash iV in the mail, need help :(.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well for starters I'm using 1.72 firmware (the newest) and I was wondering if there's anyway that I can manually write games to the NOR? I don't know what buttons to hold or anything like that. I'm trying to play chain of memories and eventually rewrite it to Mother 3. I looked around the wiki but I couldn't find anything and I searched for it but people just say "boot it from NOR" well...how >_

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As long as you have space on the NOR (if not press start when looking at it to get to option for format it) you should just have to press select with your chosen rom highlighted.

Afraid I am not quite up to date with the current pokemon RTC stuff but EZ4Client breaking them is new- make sure you do not have soft reset checked and if that does not work maybe try the SRAM patcher of GBATA http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm (you will need to make a save manually- just copy and paste another 128K file and rename it accordingly). It is a bit more basic but the RTC patch of GBATA should also be able to get something done.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...I feel like some other wierd things are happening now. For some reason, it seems like random games of mine won't save. Such as Fire Emblem, Mario Power Tennis, I don't know..it just seems like sometimes my games save and sometimes they don't :/.

It sucks really. I spent 3 hours on FE and then rebooted it and no data was there :'(.

If anyone knows what could be going on let me know :)! Thanks for all your help guys.

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, there's a few games which need to be patched in order to save properly on the EZFlash, mainly the eeprom and flash type saves. Second, after you save, there should be a message akin to "Hold L to skip" that appears. DON'T DO THIS: this bypasses the save backup > SD that needs to be done to actually keep your saves. Softresetting (if you applied the patch) does the same thing.

If it's not saying anything when you reset it, or not displaying a message saying it's writing a save, then there could be an actual problem with the internal battery on the EZ4 (mainly drying out).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All games save those without saves (password saves and such) should be patched. Sometimes they need to use 8:3 names (super mario platformers definitely)- 8:3 names are up to 8 characters for the name and 3 characters for the extension.

Also yeah buttons to skip- don't do it and you can disable this in the options menu (when you first boot before you press the button to look at the NOR go down three times and
then under saver manner select obliged. This will disable the skip option.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes they need to use 8:3 names (super mario platformers definitely)- 8:3 names are up to 8 characters for the name and 3 characters for the extension.
Heh, and here I thought that issue was specific to the Supercard (again only sometimes). Oh FAT filesystem, why must you torment us so? XD

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not think it is FAT per se but a hangover from being a fairly quick respin of older hardware and the long name support being something of an added bonus made in software later on (the earliest versions of the EZ4 loader needed 8:3).

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've never needed any 8:3 saves. But:

1) Make sure your save file size isn't 0. If it is, you didn't create the save right, or it didn't save and the EZF wrote this empty file to your card. When patching ROMs, be sure to patch directly to your Mini SD.

2) DON'T use a Micro SD with an adapter. Many have reported save corruption when doing this. Use an actual Mini SD, as pain in the ass as these are to find. Amazon has some.

Bobwayne17

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use a Mini SD. I also patch things directly onto the SD card...my firmware is up to date...

I just can't understand why some games just lose their save like, 2-4 hours into the game. It's a real bummer. Really the only thing I can remember off the top of my head is Fire Emblem...which sucks, because I grinded for 4 hours :(. If anyone can help me I'll appreciate it so much. I just don't know how to fix this because if some games work, why won't these? It just doesn't make sense to me on the randomness of it.

The 8:3 thing fixed SMB3 though :) Thanks a lot. Maybe I should try that with FE, but when i tried to save SMB3 it said it was corrupted or impossible. FE saves fine, but like I said after about 4 hours...gone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs