Hacking Just got a vita TV with 3.35 OFW Suggestions?

Snintendog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have only used my vita 2000 that came with 3.60 and installed henkaku+offline email activation on it and mai dumped all my carts to play on the go i was wondering with such a low firmware should i wait to see if anything better than henkaku comes out, get one of the older exploits or just go and install henkaku on 3.60.
I use my vita to play mostly vita games though i was looking into getting Ps1 games on the tv maybe even psp i had heard of the HDD mounting that vitashell is working on and bought it for that but seeing a low firmware like that i am hesitating since i have no clue about the older exploits or if they have more to them.
Since i still have to get a memory card and another HDD for it either way i have time to wait and decide what i want to do with it.

• Angry
Reactions: ChibiMofo

b0rd2dEAth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh update it to 3.60 and put henkaku on it, then use a 128GB USB as storage (search how to do it, I've seen some videos on youtube talking it) and get all the games you'd ever want.

Reactions: Snintendog

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
I have only used my vita 2000 that came with 3.60 and installed henkaku+offline email activation on it and mai dumped all my carts to play on the go i was wondering with such a low firmware should i wait to see if anything better than henkaku comes out, get one of the older exploits or just go and install henkaku on 3.60.
I use my vita to play mostly vita games though i was looking into getting Ps1 games on the tv maybe even psp i had heard of the HDD mounting that vitashell is working on and bought it for that but seeing a low firmware like that i am hesitating since i have no clue about the older exploits or if they have more to them.
Since i still have to get a memory card and another HDD for it either way i have time to wait and decide what i want to do with it.
Unless you are finding exploits or examining the system internals as an end user it's best to update that Vita TV to 3.60 and get Henkaku on it since most if not any new hacks will be for 3.60.

Honestly nearly everything the older FW can do will be done better on Henkaku, Adrenaline works much better than the old ePSP exploits with better graphics filtering and new features being adding such as save states and eventually PS1 support, RetroArch is coming along nicely with most your emulation needs fulfilled even PS1 on it isn't too bad as long as it's not a 3D heavy game and extras such as "overclocking" and external HDD support is there if you want it.

It's up to you but there really isn't much use for the older firmware unless you are studying the system.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't using HENkaku DNS an option as well? 212.47.229.76
Take this guys advice and set the internet's dns to update to 3.60 then use henkaku. Remember never update past it for now. You don't need anything else, just set the dns to that ip address, and restart the system, then check options and update. It should say that update to 3.60 is available. :)

If it doesn't say 3.60 "Henkaku firmware" DO NOT UPDATE!

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS Vita is awesome.. I prefer PS Vita 1000 but too bad there were poorly 3rd party supporting. I wonder why they didn't supported it ? I hate 3DS for one reason: Dual screens are not necessarily!

Snintendog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the advice on everything.
Uh update it to 3.60 and put henkaku on it, then use a 128GB USB as storage (search how to do it, I've seen some videos on youtube talking it) and get all the games you'd ever want.
Updating via USB storage while in safe mode works equally as fine... Just place the 3.60 update file at PSVITA/UPDATE/PSVUPDAT.PUP and update.
Take this guys advice and set the internet's dns to update to 3.60 then use henkaku. Remember never update past it for now. You don't need anything else, just set the dns to that ip address, and restart the system, then check options and update. It should say that update to 3.60 is available. :)

If it doesn't say 3.60 "Henkaku firmware" DO NOT UPDATE!
Alright will take that into account 3.60 update either via USB or change the DNS to the henkaku server or QCMA. I hadn't thought about getting a 128GB USB Bj's had a special on those for about 30$ I'll get a few then. Good to know Henkaku is still the best out there for the Vita.
Unless you are finding exploits or examining the system internals as an end user it's best to update that Vita TV to 3.60 and get Henkaku on it since most if not any new hacks will be for 3.60.

Honestly nearly everything the older FW can do will be done better on Henkaku, Adrenaline works much better than the old ePSP exploits with better graphics filtering and new features being adding such as save states and eventually PS1 support, RetroArch is coming along nicely with most your emulation needs fulfilled even PS1 on it isn't too bad as long as it's not a 3D heavy game and extras such as "overclocking" and external HDD support is there if you want it.

It's up to you but there really isn't much use for the older firmware unless you are studying the system.
Don't you need a PSP game to install Adrenaline? I do have an account that has legal downloads of a few things PSP and PS1 classics mostly is there a way to activate it and use my QMCA backup of my Vita 2000 to play them or transfer them?

• Angry

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you need a PSP game to install Adrenaline? I do have an account that has legal downloads of a few things PSP and PS1 classics mostly is there a way to activate it and use my QMCA backup of my Vita 2000 to play them or transfer them?
You can install adrenaline without a psp game, but if you actually own a game on playstation store you bought and will play intentionally you can use that, i suggest doing that if you have a psp game on psn you wanna play. :)

SonsofOcelot

Shalashaska
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you all for the advice on everything.

Alright will take that into account 3.60 update either via USB or change the DNS to the henkaku server or QCMA. I hadn't thought about getting a 128GB USB Bj's had a special on those for about 30$ I'll get a few then. Good to know Henkaku is still the best out there for the Vita.

Easiest way to install adrenaline is to download the ePSP bubble installer and the adrenaline easy installer. Makes it super easy. Just install adrenaline on the built in ux0 first, mount your USB in Vitashell and mount as ux0, unmount it back to regular uma0, copy the folders that easy installer modified from ux0 to uma0, and then remount uma0 as ux0. There's a thread about it and I'll likely make a video for it once my family leaves after the weekend. Also if you want to install RetroArch you'll need to use the stable 1.4.1 all in one vpk as all others do not work with PsTV's for whatever reason.

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update it to 3.60 and install Henkaku.
First thing you should install afterwards is VitaShell ( latest version of course ) and then Maidump Tool ( if you're into ~~backups~~ )

For PSP stuff, activate it while PSN spoofing is still up and follow an Adrenaline guide.

Last edited by Pacheko17,

AlternativeZero

Trophies
XP
Country
Just use the ePSP bubble installer to get the smallest game you need to make Adrenaline with.

Snintendog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok then i got it installed with henkaku the offline installer changed the DNS and transfered all my ps vita games i mai dumped and sent it to the computer i used for my rom/iso storage ready to FTP once i get a good USB i may just order a 256GB or a ycable and a exteranl HDD i may wait till adrenaline-3 to release before i start that end of the beast though i am looking into whitelister vpks there are a few out there.
I did get the ePSP bubbler since i couldn't get spoofing to work just right in henkaku(booted me out while trying to sign in checked my account to see if it got banned PS4, PS3 work just fine and logged in via pc to check as well maybe my internet decided to cut out then?Will try again tomorrow...do i need to deactivate my old vita?) made sure it was the newest version and vita shell at 1.61 do you have to enter a key in the spoof option in henkaku and get a sample of it or just the firm number and henkaku does the rest?
Also once again thanks for all the help.

• Angry

Retinal_FAILURE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say with Adrenaline-3 out now. Go to 3.60 and enable henkaku bu all means. The dream has come alive with this release for a golden firmware. psp, vita, psx backups with full sound, homebrew out the yinyang, and almost every other system emulated nicely. its fun!

Last edited by Retinal_FAILURE,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person