Just got a vita phc1101 :D

Darkassassin89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i remember all the fun i had with my PSP and custom firmwares and finally aquired a vita. Back in the homebrew game :D but it is quite different from the past! lol suggestions on were to start and what I should do atm?

have 3.18 software ATM and have no idea what I need to do to start.

Thanks for having this great community!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Currently, there isn't anything available. You have to wait until somebody finds an exploit that runs through a game, which takes time, then you have to wait for that game to be announced publicly. Then it's a race to download the game before Sony pulls it and patches it before tossing it back on PSN as just another unexploitable game. Once you have a game to use, you generally have to use a special save in order to access the hack.

As of now though, we still haven't gotten to Vita mode stuff. We're still only within the realm of PSP mode, and even then, it's generally not worth staying behind to use the exploits since you lose access to all the great updates with stuff like PSN. I would recommend getting another PSP if you want to work with PSP mode anything.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Technically, if he has a modded PS3 that can access PSN, he could buy and download exploitable games and transfer them to his PSVita as-is, but it's just easier to stay up-to-date, reap PSPlus benefits and wait for ninja releases if you really, really want PSP Mode that much. No native PSVita hacks so far, sorry!

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
So, i remember all the fun i had with my PSP and custom firmwares and finally aquired a vita. Back in the homebrew game :D but it is quite different from the past! lol suggestions on were to start and what I should do atm?

have 3.18 software ATM and have no idea what I need to do to start.

Thanks for having this great community!
It's exactly the same as PSP HBL homebrew of yore.

You're partly right in that this brand of PSP homebrew is much harder to maintain and acquire. That's the difference.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently there's not a lot you can do on a 3.18 Vita. Currently I believe the only exploitable game still on the PSN store is Z.H.P., but I don't think the exploit files have been released for anything but the Japanese version; even then the exploit is only compatible with a handful of homebrews and requires an unreleased kernel exploit to run any sort of PSP-mode CFW. There're no Vita-mode hacks or homebrews currently available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty how are you?