Hacking Just Got A Vita 1.69. What To Do?

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I put the 16gb memory card in it that I have but now the settings for henkaku are gone. I installed everything else again but henkaku is stuck in safe mode. Is there anything I have to do to get it to work with the other card?

Replacing the 3g for microsd sounds interesting also.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems to be the only way it works. I don't know why they're saying to just use the url because it won't work. Is changing the memory card hard to do as in setting stuff up again?

I'd recommend sd2vita and use a micro sd card or a usb device if using the pstv. memory cards are very restrictive. you will have to redo game installs or use qcma/open cma if you switch memory cards. I believe yifanlu made a vpk for the usb device, separate from the kernel plugin, on the pstv that transfers everything from a memory card to usb. afaik, this doesn't exist on the vita. you can, however, use vitashell to transfer the memory card's content to the pc. you'll need to enable the show of hidden files/folders and disable the hide os files to see everything iirc. transfer that content to your pc, then use the sd2vita tutorial to get them on a micro sd card. back that up and never have to worry about the memory cards again. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I put the 16gb memory card in it that I have but now the settings for henkaku are gone. I installed everything else again but henkaku is stuck in safe mode. Is there anything I have to do to get it to work with the other card?

Replacing the 3g for microsd sounds interesting also.

henkaku settings is done by the henkaku.suprx . you need to direct to that with the tai config.txt. both my and my pstv had that issue as well. I think it's a bug, but it's easily fixable. place the henkaku.suprx in the ur0:/tai folder, then redirect it.

not sure why it's stuck in safe mode. did you try reinstalling the firmware?

Reactions: OldSchoolTech

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I got everything sorted for now anyway and installed adrenaline too. Never had a modded Vita and was extremely surprised to see version 1.69 in settings. I thought the screen was fake at first when I seen the green colour and fonts until I found out it was just old firmware.

The only problem I did have is trying to download a game from the store that I previously bought and I got an error but I just used pkgi to get it. As far as I know it doesn't really make a difference anyway.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I just realised by the way that any homebrew apps I ran would have been showing up that I was playing them as my status online. Does it really matter about that as long as nobody on my friends list reports it or am I supposed to disable that happening somehow so homebrew doesn't show?

Like it would have been saying playing vitashell etc.

Last edited by OldSchoolTech,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
possibly by deleting history. there may be an app for it. the wii u does this too. I remember it showing me as playing system config tool several times. if you can't delete history, perhaps a title id change to that of a legit title to mask it. I think you can do this on the 3ds and the ps3, so it should be possible. I don't know if anything has been released though. I'd advise not signing into psn ever if you can. you don't want your account and console banned. it's still unknown what sony looks for, so it's best to buy another system that's on ofw if you want to play online.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
possibly by deleting history. there may be an app for it. the wii u does this too. I remember it showing me as playing system config tool several times. if you can't delete history, perhaps a title id change to that of a legit title to mask it. I think you can do this on the 3ds and the ps3, so it should be possible. I don't know if anything has been released though. I'd advise not signing into psn ever if you can. you don't want your account and console banned. it's still unknown what sony looks for, so it's best to buy another system that's on ofw if you want to play online.
I have a second console already so I can just use that to go online. Basically the only reason I even need to go online on the other one is to do a trophy sync really because I'll mainly just use it for single player or emulators. I'll see if I can delete the history for now.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
OK one last thing. I noticed there's different game regions. If an EUR game isn't there and is only available as USA does that matter? I heard there's a lot of cart dumps and the carts are region free but obviously if I had a USA game from the store on my EUR account wouldn't that raise red flags?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it probably wouldn't be a red flag since the system is region free. I suggest nps browser or pkgi. with both, you may be able to find just usa versions of those games. I only have usa games myself aside from a couple Japanese ones.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
it probably wouldn't be a red flag since the system is region free. I suggest nps browser or pkgi. with both, you may be able to find just usa versions of those games. I only have usa games myself aside from a couple Japanese ones.
Thanks that's fine. If the game never had a cart release though would that matter of I had the USA version? Also has syncing trophies of a store only game that isn't owned ever caused a problem for anyone? Just so I know to delete them instead of syncing if so.

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK one last thing. I noticed there's different game regions. If an EUR game isn't there and is only available as USA does that matter? I heard there's a lot of cart dumps and the carts are region free but obviously if I had a USA game from the store on my EUR account wouldn't that raise red flags?

"D Day Tower Rush EUR" had sound clicks the USA version did not, Gravity Rush for Eur seemed more choppy, the USA versions was a tiny bit smoother" ..................... those are the only two games I can identify with USA being the better region .................. europe likes to butcher things, their vita consoles have sound limiting options built in it, there maybe more europe games with this problem.

try to use "NO PAY STATION BROWSER", whatever it is called, no that is not the name of it. (or if your on win xp you can use batch files and links). Just ftp the game folder into your ux0:/app folder and use refresh option from vitashell, (i think you need version 1.75 or above, current version is 1.81)
(avoid retroarch, the games are just too broken for emulation on vita, try "retropie" or "pc emulation", you can hook your pc to tv)
(some games like "PIE SOLAR AND THE GREAT ARCHITECH" were cancelled for vita, but work on the pc, use google or use "steam" to get games like that, "COSMIC STAR HEROINE" scheduled for vita maybe cancelled also, it is already on "google" or "steam", for free or no cost

DON'T FORGET TO ADD THESE PLUGINS (mlthaku is your friend!), here's example of my config.txt file in the uro:/tai folder (use "metapad" not "notepad"):

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/henkaku.skprx
ur0:tai/memory.skprx
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx
ur0:tai/dsmotion.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*PCSA00011
# Gravity Rush USA
ur0:tai/dsmotion.suprx
*PCSE00277
# Rayman Legends USA
ur0:tai/dsmotion.suprx
*PCSE00266
# Field Runners 2 USA
ur0:tai/netcheck_bypass.suprx
*!PSPEMUCFW
*ALL
ur0:tai/oclockvita1.2.1.suprx

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
OK so I know PS3 save resigner can use other users save files and resign them to someone else. Can this be done on the vita but like just to change the region of the save file to work? I started playing the EUR version and the USA version is on pkgi which is likely more stable but I'd like to be able to use the save. I tried renaming the old save to the name of the USA game but that causes the game to error on boot.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks that's fine. If the game never had a cart release though would that matter of I had the USA version? Also has syncing trophies of a store only game that isn't owned ever caused a problem for anyone? Just so I know to delete them instead of syncing if so.

I think the trophy database is what's uploaded. you can easily delete trophies in it or even unlock trophies. lol you just need sqlite browser. the location of the trophy data base is:

Code:
ur0:user/00/trophy/db/trophy_local.db

I don't know if it's ever been an issue though.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I think the trophy database is what's uploaded. you can easily delete trophies in it or even unlock trophies. lol you just need sqlite browser. the location of the trophy data base is:

Code:
ur0:user/00/trophy/db/trophy_local.db

I don't know if it's ever been an issue though.
Nice to have the option lol. I'd prefer to try unlock them myself by playing but it's still nice to know. Anyway can the save files be region changed if I started a European game and want to import it to the US version since the pkgi versions of the games are likely more stable than a random link filled with spam and ads.

I legitimately own a good few of the store games but I can't download from the store on this vita it causes an error so I need the pkgi ones. Once they work it's all the same.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might try nps browser for even more content. I was forced to use it when mai dump tool destroyed my dlc. I'm not sure about saves. there's a way to decrypt them, but I don't know if there's a way to reencrypt them. the save manager app leaves the saves intact by creating a fake patch file whose eboot directs it to the data folder, so getting the save back doesn't require reencrypting it. that's something I figured out not to long ago when I was trying to get my decrypted save back for tales of hearts r. I now have the game, save, and dlc all encrypted with nonpdrm. :D

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
you might try nps browser for even more content. I was forced to use it when mai dump tool destroyed my dlc. I'm not sure about saves. there's a way to decrypt them, but I don't know if there's a way to reencrypt them. the save manager app leaves the saves intact by creating a fake patch file whose eboot directs it to the data folder, so getting the save back doesn't require reencrypting it. that's something I figured out not to long ago when I was trying to get my decrypted save back for tales of hearts r. I now have the game, save, and dlc all encrypted with nonpdrm. :D
Suppose if I have to start again it isn't too bad anyway but as for nps browser. I tried to use that yesterday and ended up with a pkg file. I tried to decrypt it on the PC but it said error out of memory was thrown whatever that means. You have to decrypt the pkg file to be able to use it right?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you need pkg2zip to decrypt the packages. put the location of that file in the pkg enc section under options. it will automatically decrypt the content for you. then, transfer the folder(s) to the root of your memory card/micro sd and refresh the live area in vita shell.

OldSchoolTech

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
you need pkg2zip to decrypt the packages. put the location of that file in the pkg enc section under options. it will automatically decrypt the content for you. then, transfer the folder(s) to the root of your memory card/micro sd and refresh the live area in vita shell.
I tried that and the program downloads OK but then the computer starts asking for the rest of the multi zip files or something and I have to just cancel it because I don't know why it's saying that. Then I end up with what look like the right files only when I transfer them to the Vita and start the game it says error. I guess whatever that zip problem is must be what's causing it.

OK that's probably just something with my PC I'll sort that out. If I put a game update in the patch folder is that basically the update installed and I just ignore liveupdate saying there's an update then?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, should be. I don't know if updates replace files or not, but I don't think they do. the patch should remain in the patch folder afaik. I know that the patch the save manager creates is placed in the patch folder, so I assume that's all that needs to be done. btw, you have to import saves with save manager to get the original saves to work. I think it might have something to do with the patch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu