Can the PS4 softmodded like the wiiu

If not l? How about the Xbox
Or are we limited to the wii u only

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's up to you whether to update or not, but for me personally, it started to seem ridiculous to wait around on lower firmware where I couldn't play newer games that don't even cost that much after being out for a while anyway.

yoshimashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome! I decided to just update mine, haha & when someone releases a way to get homebrew, I'm going to sell my console then and buy a new one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the psvita worth the purchase?
It depends on what you want to use it for.

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
prefer to hold one Console/Handheld for Legal Stuff only ... so doesn´t matter if something bad happen on an Modded Machine like Acc Bann ... :D

most time newer Buy a Brand New Game (ex Final Fantasy, i can´t wait on this games :rofl2:) ... for all other games i wait until find it much cheaper, i have time :D

Last edited by Trojaner,

killmister2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just bought a PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle. I hesitated for a single day to update it to the latest 4.71, before doing it, and I'm happy with it. I just focus for now on a few games below $20, so I don't really need to wait for a hack on 3.55-4.06 firmwares (which might most probably end up like for the 1.76 firmware jailbreak, without any game loader).

Reactions: Trojaner

akhlaq768

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Welcome! I decided to just update mine, haha & when someone releases a way to get homebrew, I'm going to sell my console then and buy a new one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It depends on what you want to use it for.

What options are available?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a PS4 Uncharted 4 bundle. I hesitated for a single day to update it to the latest 4.71, before doing it, and I'm happy with it. I just focus for now on a few games below $20, so I don't really need to wait for a hack on 3.55-4.06 firmwares (which might most probably end up like for the 1.76 firmware jailbreak, without any game loader).

That's your decision. I am staying with 2.57 since they will have game loader for 3.55-4.06. I won't lose my faith anyway. They will. Time will tell.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
That's your decision. I am staying with 2.57 since they will have game loader for 3.55-4.06. I won't lose my faith anyway. They will. Time will tell.
That's cute.
Even if that happened which i highly doubt,and you managed to install all those 2000 games,are you really going to play %5 of them?
I am on last update and i am enjoying with all free Plus games and high discounted games that's i have now more than 60 PS4 games,and i don't even think i will finish them all.
It's just not worth it to hack PS3 or PS4.

For $1000 you can get a PC that's play most of the new game at high settings for free if you love pirating games.

Last edited by aos10,

Trojaner

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
they aren't free if you have to pay for plus to get them

yes but you get the "Online Gaming" ... if you like to buy the + games in store it will def more cost and no Online gaming ... the ps+ is a fair price ... Sony simply have to pay there server costs too, i see it too as free games and pay only for Online Gaming :D

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's right,but there is many deals on PSN that goes lower if you have Plus,most of my games are from those deals,not the shitty bad "free" Plus games that Sony gives us.
That's right,but there is many deals on PSN that goes lower if you have Plus,most of my games are from those deals,not the shitty bad "free" Plus games that Sony gives us.

This year has been pretty darn good with the free games.

Tales from Borderlands, Tearaway Unfolded, Littlebigplanet 3, life is strange, Gone to the rapture, Day of the tentacle remastered, invisible inc, Game of Thrones, Until Dawn...

All those are pretty good games that we got this year so far, I wouldnt call any of those shitty games, what do people really expect? Uncharted 4? Horizon Zero Dawn? The service is $60 a year, that's $5 bucks a month...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: