Gaming Just got a new (second-hand) xbox 360

Taleweaver

Storywriter
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah...with the wiiu not exactly delivering on the third party support promise, a shitload of games not previously played* and no backwards compatibility in sight...I decided to get me one of them consoles.

First impression is pretty good. It's a black 120 GB hard drive model with dashboard 2.0.16203.0 on it, and I found some games that were practically cheaper than blank DVD's. And that's not even counting that xbox live thingy (fable 3, halo 3, AC2 for 7 euro's? Yeah...I'll take it**). So my guess is it'll take a while before I get tired of it (and I was ALREADY swimming in unplayed games on other devices).

There is one thing I'm not sure of, though. There were a couple other profiles (which I deleted)...but there are some games on the thing as well (notably: Kingdoms of Amalur and skyrim). I guess that's nice, but...

Shouldn't these be tied to whomever it was that previously owned this thing? It wasn't in the package price (okay...neither was the second, wired, controller, but hey...I guess the shopkeeper just forgot to mention that), and my guess is that they just went with...erm...can anyone even tell how old this thing is exactly? :unsure:

For anything else...I'll be browsing these forum parts a bit more, now. But as it is, I'm pretty lost in the interface (and the manual got a bit lost in the shipment). Can anyone tell me if this thing can play DVD's? Or a plugged in USB stick with MP3's and/or movies?

Oh, and one final thing: what's with the gamer tag? I named my profile (Taleweaver)...but upon live-creation, it slaps a gamertag on me (CursorySole...some number) and starts calling me that instead. Is there any way to change that?

So....that'll be it for now. I know these are basic questions, but hey...I've got to start somewhere, right? :)

*I didn't have either a PS3 or an xbox360 before...and barely bothered with more recent PC games.
**I'll cancel that gold subscription directly afterwards. There's no way I can keep up with everything I've got now.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yes the 360 plays DVD's perfectly fine.
USB drives with MP3 files can be played yes as well as .avi files and a few other file extensions.

Your Gamertag is your profile.
You can change your name for free once.
Press the guide button (the Xbox button) and go to Settings, select Profile and go to Edit profile.
From there go to Gamertag and change it.
It's free for just this once ;]

Walkin

travel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the previous purchases are handled they are tied to the profile that purchased them as well as the 360 they've been licenses to. In other words, until the profile that purchased the games change the system they're are licenses to they will work for any profile on that system. I license my purchases to my 2nd xbox, and then redownload them to my primary xbox where I'll be logged in most the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1