Hacking Just found my PS vita and wanna mod it

jshane7422

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I Just found my PS vita and wanna mod it. I remember when I has my PSP I had nes and snes on it. I saw people saying you could is it possible with the PS vita and if so how do I go about doing it?

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's no longer possible because the game that was used to hack it has been taken down. You should wait for the next game announcement.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Here's how it goes.

1 - No hack is available for a while.
2 - Hackers announce a hack is coming up.
3 - Hackers announce the game. You need to buy the game from the online shop and wait.
4 - After people have the game, the hack is released.
5 - Sony immediately (like within 24 hours or so) pulls the game from the online shop and fixes it.
6 - Since the game is removed+patched, the hack is dead.
7 - Go back to step 1, waiting for the next announcement.

jshane7422

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
O wow guess it don't come easy now days lol. I see I got 1.67. Guess I might just sell it and get another PSP lol

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's worth noting that all current available hacks are only for the PSP emulator in the Vita, so are only capable of doing as much as a CFW PSP. Even then, that's only if a kernel exploit is found, most exploits are only usermode which allows the loading of some homebrews with variable capability, but no full PSP or PSX games.

If yours is still on 1.67, you can still mod it for PSP kernel hack. You need a PS3 to download the game, though.

As far as real Vita exploits go, there's one known exploit for usermode access, which similar to the PSP one wouldn't be capable of loading games, only homebrews. It's also currently only known to two people, yifanlu and skfu, who are waiting for someone to make a Vita open SDK so people can actually write homebrews for it.

NariIro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virtuous Flame revealed that he has access to another working kernel exploit other than that of Frostegater’s, working on 2.02 and running his own version of a eCFW. ARK along with this exploit has some advantages compared to TN-C such as a neat feature of being able to instantly go into loading into the eCFW ISO menu instead of having to load the save data (note: this is most likely a feature of the game used for the exploit rather than ARK itself), like what we have seen with other exploits. Another advantage is that game compatibility and homebrew/emulator compatibility seems to be on par with TN-C, if not extremely better. The release date seems a bit unclear for now, especially with Frostegater’s upcoming exploit release.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality