Hacking Just bought a refurbished New 3DS. What are my options for homebrew/Flash Cards? Firmware 11.0

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been paying attention to the 3DS homebrew scene since my launch 3DS broke years ago (okay, more than just a few years). The FAQs are all confusing and I have no idea about this stuff.

Is it possible to get something like the Homebrew Channel that the Wii had without a flash card? Would a flash card be simple plug and play like the DS flash cards?

https://imgtc.com/i/vGrRtqD.jpg

Firmware Version 11.0.0-33U.

Also, what firmware version does Fire Emblem Fates come with? My brother has it and I might be able to borrow it.

skullkeeper94

Professional USB Corrupter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been paying attention to the 3DS homebrew scene since my launch 3DS broke years ago (okay, more than just a few years). The FAQs are all confusing and I have no idea about this stuff.

Is it possible to get something like the Homebrew Channel that the Wii had without a flash card? Would a flash card be simple plug and play like the DS flash cards?

https://imgtc.com/i/vGrRtqD.jpg

Firmware Version 11.0.0-33U.

Also, what firmware version does Fire Emblem Fates come with? My brother has it and I might be able to borrow it.
Boy are you LUCKY. I suggest getting sighax, since that allows you to get the Homebrew Launcher you so desire. Although, you can use some type of exploit, but I don't know if soundhax works on that firmware.

To get sighax, go to http://3ds.guide

Whatever you do, DON'T UPDATE

andremario81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boy are you LUCKY. I suggest getting sighax, since that allows you to get the Homebrew Launcher you so desire. Although, you can use some type of exploit, but I don't know if soundhax works on that firmware.Nope. I just tested it yesterday sound hax was patched on 11.4 it works on 11.3 and under but not 11.4

To get sighax, go to http://3ds.guide

Whatever you do, DON'T UPDATE

Last edited by andremario81, , Reason: Spell check

skullkeeper94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can install a boot time exploit for brick protection (similar to bootmii for Wii) and run cfw to install any game or app you want, including homebrew launcher.
What is a boot time exploit? (Serious question)

They could always make a NAND backup, let go along with the CFW stuff. Unless by boot time, you mean the payload stuff like decrypt9 and whatnot.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is a boot time exploit? (Serious question)

They could always make a NAND backup, let go along with the CFW stuff. Unless by boot time, you mean the payload stuff like decrypt9 and whatnot.
Boot time exploit means an exploit that occurrs during the boot process before the system fully loads. Yes it means things like decrypt9 and Luma sysNAND

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, thanks for that link.
According to this page, I should be able to do Soundhax:
https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

What exactly are the risks with Soundhax? What can I do with it? Can I install it and still be able to buy new games and keep it installed?

Sorry for the super nooby questions. The last time I did anything with Homebrew was the Wii and that was so simple a high school student could do it (hehe literally).

skullkeeper94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What exactly are the risks with Soundhax? What can I do with it? Can I install it and still be able to buy new games and keep it installed?

Sorry for the super nooby questions. The last time I did anything with Homebrew was the Wii and that was so simple a high school student could do it (hehe literally).
1) Nothing.
2) Run the Homebrew launcher.
3) If you don't update, yeah. Past a certain version, soundhax was patched.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

When i was in high school i soldered a couple points together on the mobo of my original Xbox and then tsop flashed a custom bios onto it.

Reactions: pixelmasher

GoldenSun3DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems that when I updated the system menu, I was on the sysNAND, not the emulated NAND, because the default option was on booting to SysNAND. I also backed up the NAND only after updating the system menu (I followed the 3DS.guide site exactly).

But I still have all the homebrew and installed CIAs on my New 3DS, and I even just installed another. I thought if you updated the SYSNAND's firmware, you'd lose your homebrew (like on the Wii if you didn't update the HB Channel before updating), but it's all still there.

What's going on?

Also, side note, is it safe to go online? I mean with a real physical game cartridge. I was interested in buying Mario Maker 3DS to play levels online, but I don't want to lose my homebrew.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it seems that when I updated the system menu, I was on the sysNAND, not the emulated NAND, because the default option was on booting to SysNAND. I also backed up the NAND only after updating the system menu (I followed the 3DS.guide site exactly).

But I still have all the homebrew and installed CIAs on my New 3DS, and I even just installed another. I thought if you updated the SYSNAND's firmware, you'd lose your homebrew (like on the Wii if you didn't update the HB Channel before updating), but it's all still there.

What's going on?

Also, side note, is it safe to go online? I mean with a real physical game cartridge. I was interested in buying Mario Maker 3DS to play levels online, but I don't want to lose my homebrew.
the 3ds is different once hacked all updates are safe as long (as you update the cfw first)

also its safe to go online with real and/or pirated games . . . no worries

DaRk_ViVi

Sending you back... to the future!
Trophies
Website
www.darkvivi.it
XP
Country
Italy
If you have updated today following 3ds.guide you don't have emunand, you are running luma3ds off your sysnand, so you can do whatever you want (homebrew and "cia" games) without the need to do anything else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb