Gaming Just a heads up to new buyers of vita.

samljer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems the latest 1001 vitas "DO NOT"
come with the 4gb or AR cards

Also, 8gb isnt even enough to hold all the PS+ freebies.
Day one with my vita and im already feeling ripped off.
(hardware wise, the games are great)

do yourself a favor, get 32gb

they didnt have 32g and i got stuck with 16
and 10gb is already taken just from my PS+ free games

its simply not enough.

D

Dork

Why didn't you get the Walking Dead bundle? It includes a 3G/WiFi model with a 4GB card, AR cards and a free game for the exact same price as the WiFi one.

Also, if you're interested in a 32GB card, don't get it. Just import the 64GB one for a couple of bucks more.

Reactions: Parasite X

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The 32GB card was practically the first accessory I bought for my system, along with a screen and touchpad protector. Considering the increasing sizes of video games, your storage situation was to be expected. Don't "feel ripped off" - I got my system pretty close to launch and I didn't get any memory card at all. If it's not mentioned on the box, it's not in the box - plain and simple.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or import a 64GB card from japan for 120 bucks! that's what i did best damn money i spent.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got 8GB, enough for me. Mainly because when I'm done a game, I just simply delete it. No point in having it on the Vita when I'm not gonna play it.

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Like what other people are saying, don't worry about the AR stuff - you wound't play them for long/at all anyway.

As for the memory card problem, with an 8GB card, a PS3, and a lot of patience I'm surviving, but only because I can't afford anything else at the moment. Also Spelunky is all I'm playing right now.

samljer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well The AR card thing i printed, and that got pretty boring after 10mins
I didnt get that bundle because I got this brand new for $149 ebgames canada had a sale.

I looked for that 64gb card, its like $150 everywhere + delivery.
Ended up getting a 32gb

with a 32gb and the content manager to my pc (which took FOREVER to back up 8gb!!! over wifi) i Should be fine for awhile.

def getting 64gb when price drops a bit. will sell the 32gb card then.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Now that you mentioned it, yes, there were no AR cards in my Tearaway bundle. And the 32 GB card is sold out like forever and very hard to find for a good price.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
the tearaway bundle didn't come with AR cards, and you have to pay for the AR games anyway so no loss imo, the 32gb memory cards are expensive even to import them, i'm fine with a 16gb memory card atm (i use my ps3 to transfer the games over), can't see how you feel ripped off with the ps+ games, i probably saved over £100 in vita games alone due to ps+, uncharted golden abyss costs £23 to buy it physical, thats a saving in itself.

maybe the TC should have looked around for better bundles, i got a 16gb memory card two games and a 3g/wifi model for £150, the same bundle is now £220 on amazon currently.

oxenh

The most unknown member of GBAtemp
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I bought my ps vita yesterday( the uncharted bundle without a memory) and also i have to buy a 16 gb memory (luckily i found one). Here the psvita was a unknowed handheld until the release of the ps4. Now it´s sell like hotcakes and the prices are going up to the sky.
So for the TC, i had to pay around 340 bucks only for the handheld plus 50 bucks more for the 16 gb memory.
I really feel ripped off...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1