Hacking Just a few questions about the RGH mod

jtm33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey so I am interested in buying a 360 sometime in the next few months. I will probably buy a lightly used one from ebay and am wanting to get a slim version with the 250GB drive.
I have already done some research and have decided that I want to get the RGH mod installed to it. I have a few questions about this that I hope some of you could answer.

- A console with RGH should not ever connect to MS online stuff because it will be banned yeah? This is hopefully not a problem for me – I do not want to play online multiplayer. I do want game updates, however. I understand one of the custom system software installed after RGH will allow this? To actually download the game updates is that done by downloading them from MS servers or is it through sideloading (not downloaded from MS servers)?
- How are system updates handled? If a game is released that required newer system software what is the usual procedure here? Is it simply an update to the custom software loader OS thingo you can just download from the internet?
- What should I ask when buying from ebay? I understand I should ask for the current system software version, a picture of the back of the system (around where it marks the current near the PSU, and a picture of the open disc tray. That all correct or do I simply need to know the current system software version? If buying a NEW system should I be concerned about one shipping with a system software that is incompatible with RGH?

If these questions could be answered I will be very thankful. I plan to get the actual installation done by a local service, so I don't have to worry about that.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. FSD will download all the Titles updates from XBUC.net automatically (you'll have manually select it from the games list)
2. First off, build a newly hacked NAND and flash it to the console (with XeLL or any homebrew software/hardware flasher.
Then download the update from the Xbox.com site and unpack it.
Rename the $systemupdate to $$ystem update and run it on console boot.
3. DVD drives don't matter with RGH systems, you got FTP access as well as USB access to transfer games to the internal HDD (which is upgradable to 2 TB max)
The kernel does matter (for now)
Any system with a dash higher then 14719 is unglitchable.
TX is working on a work around but it's going to cost more cause you need extra hardware to glitch it. (I know those "mod services" as the inside of me pocket, they overcharge you and if they need added hardware which is only used for retrieving keys and nothing more, they will up the price with 2 and will come up with a shit story on how expensive the hardware is/difficult the retrieval is etc etc etc)

Reactions: jtm33

jtm33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the helpful reply! By "Any system with a dash lower than 14719 is unglitchable" do you mean any dash that was released since then? Or before? I am assuming you mean since then and the 14719 is the latest that can be done at the moment.

If I do get a system that has a more recent dash I will just have to wait for a bit, right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Welcomes ;]

Yeah I spotted the error.
I meant to say any dash higher then 14719 is unglitchable.
With that I mean dash 15574,16197 and 16202 are unglitchable.

14719 can still be glitched but preffered is 14699 (RGH1 is faster and more reliable)

Yep.
TX has announced that they will ship the DGX (needed for key retrieval on "unglitchable" dashes) on dec 15th.

jtm33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You are too helpful. I guess I'll update this thread once I get my hands on the system. Thanks!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/3eGAHfC5P-Y?si=Fo3iEl1pZ4D_O6dp