Hacking JP keyboard on EU console/Miiverse?

CallieMarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, I have a EU Wii U and want to be able to write to friends in Miiverse using the JP soft keyboard instead of drawing it in. Is there a way to enable it or do I have to get a JP Wii U?

D

Deleted User

I think you'll need to purchase a Japanese Wii U in order to do this. (There's no facts in that statement, I don't think you can, but here's a way to test...)
Use OurLoader (that region-free loader that launched a couple days ago) and try playing a game that uses the Japanese keyboard (if you have any games that do use it) and see what happens.

CallieMarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks, CreeperMario.

If I had a JP console would I be able to transfer my NNID, games and saves across from my current EU console? Oh, it probably doesn't help that the copy of Splatoon was part of the console bundle I bought (IIRC it was a code to download it).

I don't have any JP region games for Wii U so far. But I think Miiverse is separate software and probably sandboxed anyway?

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, CreeperMario.

If I had a JP console would I be able to transfer my NNID, games and saves across from my current EU console? Oh, it probably doesn't help that the copy of Splatoon was part of the console bundle I bought (IIRC it was a code to download it).

I don't have any JP region games for Wii U so far. But I think Miiverse is separate software and probably sandboxed anyway?
nothing is sandboxed with a kernel exploit (aside from network security stuff but that's not what you're after), you wouldn't be able to take the NNID or game certs but you can dump with ddd and just use loadiine and saviine (to inject over disc based stuff you can run on both)

Reactions: CallieMarie

CallieMarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In theory you could replace the EU swkbd.rpl with the Japanese one with your kernel exploit, no idea if that'd actually type Japanese text or if it'd even work at all. Doesn't the Wii U have language settings?

That sounds really neat if it could work. On the EU console the language settings only have European+Russian language options. No idea about other region Wii U consoles.

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you use the PC version of Miiverse, you can use a JP keyboard (or software equivalent) there. You could also use the Wii U's web browser to paste JP characters into the web client if you wanted.

Reactions: CallieMarie

CallieMarie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you use the PC version of Miiverse, you can use a JP keyboard (or software equivalent) there. You could also use the Wii U's web browser to paste JP characters into the web client if you wanted.

I had no idea this was possible. Thank you! I see though, there is no way to send private messages to friends via the browsers. For a friend with no Miiverse posts there is no way to chat there. I guess Nintendo did it this way for a reason. Just seems like they didn't consider this language issue when making Splatoon servers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"