Hardware Joy Cons reported choppy when blocked by hand

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the advantage of designing it that way? If the motion controls are turned off on the joycons when plugged into the tablet then they would have to include a third gyro in the tablet itself because motion controls are most definitely active in handheld mode. (Example Splatoon 2 aiming)
question about these motion controls. What joycon is it on?
I.e. if you playing splatoon with a joycon in each hand. Which joycon will it take the motion aiming from? with your hands apart your hands wont be on point to each other.
In a grip or mount to the switch they are group together and will move as one.

Also why i dont think the switch will have vr since there is no gyro in the switch.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont think this is a big deal. unless your sitting 10ft away from your TV.
question about these motion controls. What joycon is it on?
I.e. if you playing splatoon with a joycon in each hand. Which joycon will it take the motion aiming from? with your hands apart your hands wont be on point to each other.
In a grip or mount to the switch they are group together and will move as one.

Also why i dont think the switch will have vr since there is no gyro in the switch.
That is a good question. Thinking about it do we know for a fact that the tablet doesn't have gyro in it? I could be there but off for now, N is cagey about these things. But I also agree I don't see the Switch in its current form going VR.

Last edited by thorasgar,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

The Pro Controller + Joy-Cons do have gyro, we played Splatoon 2 with it and it was all about moving the controllers in weird ways to get the camera elsewhere. Maybe I'm confusing gyro with motion controls.

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pro Controller + Joy-Cons do have gyro, we played Splatoon 2 with it and it was all about moving the controllers in weird ways to get the camera elsewhere. Maybe I'm confusing gyro with motion controls.
yes they have gyro in them
But the question was which controller does the game read the motion from.
In ARMS you have to move both controllers to move your player.
But in splatoon your just moving the camera. So does it only take the motion readings from 1 contorler or does it use both?

IF i have a L joycon in my LEft hand and R in my right. And i move my L up and my R down. Which way does the camera move?

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The PS3 controller came out at $60 and had no Dual Shock. Wiimotes didn't used to come with motion plus built in. First gen xbox, The Duke. First revision controllers not being 100% perfect at launch is nothing new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1