Joy con durability

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NicoWilliams, Oct 7, 2017.

1. NicoWilliams
    OP

NicoWilliams Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 12, 2012
    I'm using them for xenoverse 2 and I'm so nervous they'll break how strong are they ?

2. _______

_______ GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2016
    Japan
    Probably not as strong as the Hylian shield, but certainly more durable than the Guardian axes.

3. Abu_Senpai

Abu_Senpai The Red King

Jul 13, 2014
    United Kingdom
    Tokyo
    Dont worry, i was actually thinking the same thing when i was playing BOTW. The joy cons are pretty durable and wont really break unless your one of those types who flings controllers against walls. In that case they probably will break. But yeah as long as your using them the right way, they wont really gonna break.

TotalInsanity4 likes this.
  4. Xzi

Xzi Console Hacker and PC Gamer

Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    The benefit of being so small is that they're actually pretty solid in addition to being light. I know the sticks feel just slightly shaky/springy, but don't worry about it. I've already put in at least 80 hours on the joy cons, portable and docked, with no issues (other than minor signs of wear around the buttons/sticks). They're really gonna be put through the paces when Rocket League arrives on Switch.

Last edited by Xzi, Oct 8, 2017
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Umm are you using motion controls or standard controls? Cause some of the responses, I wonder if they are thinking you talking like with joycon grip, how durable or motion controls, by accident if you manage to slip and fling them somewhere or drop it as opposed to roughing pressing buttons on them.

I think my R button is a bit loose, sometimes i have to press specific way to register input and is annoying cause i use it a lot on many games not just on switch. But on switch i use it for everything but sonic mania (since is not even a button) Shovel knight, Blaster master zero, Mighty Gunvolt burst and such. (I don't have many games on switch, hoping to get more on discount soon.) :ninja: