Homebrew jenesis and Buck Rogers Countdown to Doomsday

amarriner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,
Anyone have any luck running Buck Rogers - Countdown to Doomsday in jEnesisDS 0.7? I'm running it on an R4DS if that makes a difference. The same ROM file works in picodrive, but not in jEnesis. The filesize and the CRC seems to match the good rom list I found so I think it's a good dump. It boots the EA logo, but before I get to the main menu, I get a few hex numbers at the top (000FE000 or something similar). Looking at some of the older changelogs for jEnesis it seems like Buck should work, but I've had no luck. Anyone else? Any ideas?

Thanks!

amarriner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
Try fiddling with the H-INT and auto-fix checksum settings. That will get a lot of games working that don't work by default.
Thanks! Appreciate the response! I'll give it a shot, and edit or reply to update.

amarriner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for the double-post, but since it had been a few days I thought it would warrant it. I tried playing with the settings to no avail, unfortunately.
frown.gif

I appreciate the response, though. Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Lordus_

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buck Rogers has SRAM, but doesn't specify it in the header, so this would have to be detected, when the game tries to write there. It's not done atm, so the game hangs on SRAM initialization. It's an easy fix though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: