Hacking japanese symbols on Wii U nickname?

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I own a PAL Wii U, not hacked. Would like to have a few japanese symbols in my nickname, but the keyboard only has euro languages, and PAL wii U can't be set in japanese.

I own a hacked wii as well. Is there a way? No 3DS though.

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I'll need to hack my U? I read somewhere about methods involving exporting miis from hacked or japanese wii.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
with 3ds you can only use the japanese keyboard if your 3ds is japanese, i guess it is the same for wiiu - so there is no way to do it (at the moment)

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, here's my plan. I have two wiis and one wii U, no 3DSes. One wii is hacked, other wii and the U are not. Let's take my hacked wii out of the equation. I hack my second wii, run the mii maker in japanese, create a mii with my japanese nickname of choice,do a system transfer to wii U to have this mii transferred. Could that work?

I see methods involving 3DS, which I don't have. I could borrow one but I'd prefer not.

marchrius

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've no 3DSs...

Solved that with wii system transfer. No need to change wii region to create miis with japanese nicknames, you only need to launch mii maker channel with usb loader gx; set japanese language in settings before launching the channel and bam! Mii maker channel in japanese.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some of you guys are wrong. I did this perfectly on my 5.4 Wii U that's unhacked.

I used my 3DS and edited the extdata, generated a qr code, and scanned it on my wii u.

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I have a US Wii U and a US 3DS, gave my Mii a Japanese name without hacking both.(Not even the Wii mode).
All you need is a DS version of Tomodachi Collection(Legitimate copy or flashcart doesn't matter,but if you have a flashcart, you can run the fan translated version).
1. Run that game on whatever console in the DS family, play until you can transfer Miis from the Wii.
2. Create a Mii with the exact Japanese name you want.
3. Choose the "Transfer to Mii channel"option on the DS game, and launch Mii channel on Wii mode.
4. Press A+B+1+2 to unlock communication w/ Nintendo DS if you haven't yet, and transfer the Mii from DS to Wii.
5.The Mii will appear in blue pants(uneditable), but it does not matter. Go back to Wii U mode and run Mii maker, choose to copy all Miis from the Wii mode.
6. You should have that Japanses Mii ready, and it should be editable.
Hope this helps :)

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a US Wii U and a US 3DS, gave my Mii a Japanese name without hacking both.(Not even the Wii mode).
All you need is a DS version of Tomodachi Collection(Legitimate copy or flashcart doesn't matter,but if you have a flashcart, you can run the fan translated version).
1. Run that game on whatever console in the DS family, play until you can transfer Miis from the Wii.
2. Create a Mii with the exact Japanese name you want.
3. Choose the "Transfer to Mii channel"option on the DS game, and launch Mii channel on Wii mode.
4. Press A+B+1+2 to unlock communication w/ Nintendo DS if you haven't yet, and transfer the Mii from DS to Wii.
5.The Mii will appear in blue pants(uneditable), but it does not matter. Go back to Wii U mode and run Mii maker, choose to copy all Miis from the Wii mode.
6. You should have that Japanses Mii ready, and it should be editable.
Hope this helps :)
very good! o3o

Splatfest

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've no 3DSs...

Solved that with wii system transfer. No need to change wii region to create miis with japanese nicknames, you only need to launch mii maker channel with usb loader gx; set japanese language in settings before launching the channel and bam! Mii maker channel in japanese.
Does that Work?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U