Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm literally torn here...

On one hand the XL models have proven to be superior in all rights and I can't see myself going back.
On the other hand the white reg. size model LOOKS SO FUCKING AWESOME.

And its about damn time they made the CPU not suck.... less. Still not near android level but I'll forgive it for that epic revision.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was blown away when I 1st saw the Nin direct since I didn,t understand that Xenoblade was exclusive to the "New" 3ds, now I'm a little pissed tbh ... Hopefully there won't be a lot of exclusive games on the New 3ds or they will all be ports. Xenoblade is my fav game of last gen but I won't pay 200$ + the game to get a 3ds port :(

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
@25:35, Iwata discusses the browser filtering function. By default, it's set to "on." To prevent children from turning off the filter, the new 3DS model will require you to verify your credit card and will charge 30 yen if you want to turn it off :shit:

@28:35, he says that (just like with the current 3DS LL/XL models), no adapter is included because it uses the same adapter as the original model. So if you don't already have a 3DS, you'll have to make sure to get the adapter or the charging dock along with it.

@30:25 he says that they plan to have 38 different interchangeable design plates for the new 3DS at launch, and in the following year they plan to increase the designs to around 50. This applies to the smaller one only; the LL/XL models are NOT customizable.

If anyone wants to know about any of the less obvious stuff that's being said in the video (that can't be figured out based on what is being shown), let me know (include the time interval in the video). I won't do direct translations, but I'll be able to give you an overview.

*EDIT 1*
I'm just kind of watching random bits of the video and skipping around, so I'll put up whatever I glean from the video here that's not mentioned in the OP if no one else asks for anything specifically.

*EDIT 2*
Bravely Second is scheduled for release this winter (@6:05 今冬 発売予定; kontō hatsubai yotei).

@13:36 Iwata talks about the addition of customizable themes for the GUI (Mario theme, Zelda theme, etc.). You'll be able to purchase more themes from the e-Shop (and others will be made available for free download).

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@25:35, Iwata discusses the browser filtering function. By default, it's set to "on." To prevent children from turning off the filter, the new 3DS model will require you to verify your credit card and will charge 30 yen if you want to turn it off :shit:

Ninty is at it again.
Seems like they forgot that they have parental control on their device...

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Only thing i really dont like about SSB (all of them) is jerky movements of characters.. it annoys me to fight with characters that dont hawe natural movements and instead go from stall animation to finished attack animation instantly, without middle animations...like game and watch guy, or western cartoons...

JamesWames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Won't be buying a new 3DS just for this. I don't have an abundance of money and I'm surprised that anyone else would waste money on a new handheld like this. Will wait 3-5 years for the next handheld. This is cool for those who don't already have a 3DS though or are collectors.

Reactions: TemplarGR

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Won't be buying a new 3DS just for this. I don't have an abundance of money and I'm surprised that anyone else would waste money on a new handheld like this. Will wait 3-5 years for the next handheld. This is cool for those who don't already have a 3DS though or are collectors.
Its not wasting money, its "upgrading"

See we have this option to "sell" our systems.

In my case I bought my 3DS XL for $150 on sale at target. Its in great condition, comes with the box and all its accessories. I could get $140-$150 for it, minus the %10 ebay fee and I'll have $135 to go towards a new 3DS. I'm real partial to the white one which will probably sell for $180. Shop an ebay electronic store or somewhere online with no tax free shipping and I can have an upgraded system for $50.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Only thing i really dont like about SSB (all of them) is jerky movements of characters.. it annoys me to fight with characters that dont hawe natural movements and instead go from stall animation to finished attack animation instantly, without middle animations...like game and watch guy, or western cartoons...
Of course Game&Watch does that? It's the entire point of his character, that's how the old Game&Watch games were. All the other characters have normal animations.

MrOBrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also for those who have a 3ds with F/w 4.1.-4.5 it will be nice to have a 3ds xl with all these extra features with little to no limitations.

JamesWames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The only reason I can really defend Nintendo on this is the fact that they're probably releasing this new model based off of patent trolls who tried to sue Nintendo for the original 3DS design. Its obvious the extra power has been added to create incentive to buy the New 3DS. I don't blame them really, and I saw this and something that would inevitably happen. I'm not even that mad now.

Metoroid0

Samus Aran
Trophies
Website
www.metroidwiki.org
XP
Country
Japan
Of course Game&Watch does that? It's the entire point of his character, that's how the old Game&Watch games were. All the other characters have normal animations.

No man lol :P i gave game&watch character as an example..and no, they are not normal, they are jerky, they are not fluid and natural..i hate that in SSB games..i think its the same with super street fighter..i feel like their joints are going to pop :P

More natural movements are in DOA (first one to come into mind)

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nintendo charging for using the internet browser and themes.
I've seen a lot of people talking Nintendo was one of the few that didn't adept to the
"dark era of gaming", and how Capcom was such a mercenary company.
It seems that Nintendo wasn't all that great, they were just slow in realizing they could have easy money with medíocre actions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr