DerpySlimes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there ! and Welcome!

Psp FirmWare: 6.60 PRO - C2

I have a problem with my psp that is jailbroken.

It keeps repeating the cutscenes in Ratchet and Clank Size matters.cso of Clankflying of to space with rocket boots

And doesn't play cutscenes of daxter.cso

I tried reinstalling firmware but doesn't work.

Please help.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't use compression, in this day and age there's no reason to use *.CSO's. Use a standard uncompressed *.ISO and compare the results. CSO's require decompression on the fly and depending on the compression level this may cause problems with streaming content such as cutscenes.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah I would say that you probably have a game that has been stripped of videos and had them all relinked possibly to one file. I use CSO for 95% of my games (including Daxter and Ratchet) and have never had this issue.

By the way, CSO is totally fine and it does conserve a fair amount of space on memory cards. There are only a select few games which its not recommended, but for 95% of games, its totally fine and lag free.

Also, if you do use CSO, then use level 1 compression (which is the least compression). The difference between 1 and 9 is minimal at best anyhow, and the higher you go, the more likely you are to run into problems.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest way to fix it is to dump it yourself. PSP games are insanely cheap anymore, no need to pirate. Chances are your pirated copy had the cutscenes removed to save space. Some people used to do that back when space was a concern on the PSP.

Also, I kristianity77 is right, level 1 compression is the best if you need to save space. It will just compress the garbage data (for the most part) which is what takes up most of the space in older PSP games.

YouAreNotSugoi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's also possible that the memory stick you're using just can't handle cso's. I have an official sony mem stick that can handle cso's just fine but I also have a sandisk one that just goes to a black screen when I launch cso's on it. Whatever it is, just use the iso as cso's don't save that much space anyways

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse