Homebrew I've found a way to exploit Dsi (maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If you're thinking along the lines of DSiWareHAX, you will require access to Nand/sys/dev.kp where the system's unique keys can be located. The exploit allowing access to this file was patched, so the only way to extract it is to connect to the NAND chip using a standard MMC interface. It doesn't matter if you'll find an exploit or not, first and foremost you'd have to find a way to access this file in NAND through software means, and it's unlikely that you will. You can read a bit more about the procedure here.

I ask to WiiUBricker why he have saied so :D (lock this topic)
Because you are way out of your depth.

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
Well,it has been released free.
So,I mean,it was encrypted with the common key or (maybe) with nothing!

Just because it was released free doesn't mean it isn't locked to the DSi it was downloaded on.

If you had to download it through the DSi shop, it will be encrypted just like any other DSi title.

In fact, it has to be encrypted or the DSi would refuse to start the game.

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
Just because it was released free doesn't mean it isn't locked to the DSi it was purchased on.

If you had to download it through the DSi shop, it will be encrypted just like any other DSi title.

In fact, it has to be encrypted or the DSi would refuse to start the game.

maybe is a encryption like Flipnote Hatena. (or Flipnote Hatena isn't encrypted? )

If you're thinking along the lines of DSiWareHAX, you will require access to Nand/sys/dev.kp where the system's unique keys can be located. The exploit allowing access to this file was patched, so the only way to extract it is to connect to the NAND chip using a standard MMC interface. It doesn't matter if you'll find an exploit or not, first and foremost you'd have to find a way to access this file in NAND through software means, and it's unlikely that you will. You can read a bit more about the procedure here.

Because you are way out of your depth.

I haven't any dsi enchanched game/sudokuhaxx :(
Not there another way?
And if the way is this??

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I haven't any dsi enchanched game/sudokuhaxx :(
Not there another way?
And if the way is this??
If the game is exploitable in any shape or form, which is not guaranteed, you could create ROP chains out of the code in memory to run some homebrew code, but I doubt that you have the equipment or the know-how to do this. Good luck.

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
If the game is exploitable in any shape or form, which is not guaranteed, you could create ROP chains out of the code in memory to run some homebrew code, but I doubt that you have the equipment or the know-how to do this. Good luck.

And you can't help me? :P (yeah I haven't that skills)

rewrewrew123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
I don't have the necessary hardware either, or even a DSi. I know the theory, that's about it. Besides, dev.kp is encrypted anyways, you'd still have to decrypt it to get your hands on the key.

mmm ok thanks for the answer :D I hope wich someone can help me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi