It's has been 10 years since the last ZSNES release...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, but I just don't understand having a personal taste to something that's functionally worse than something else that does the exact same thing but better.

Right. The GUI is ugly, of course. But, you forgot something.. If you're using ZSNES, it has a neat feature that automatically patches your ROM when you load it. It does not modify your original ROM copy. No additional programs are necessary.(Of course this only works on SNES games.) Just rename your patch to the same name as the ROM and place them in the same directory (Folder) together, and ZSNES will find the patch and apply it every time the game is run, which leaves the original ROM untouched! It's neat. SNES9X don't. That's another reason to make this great emulator too. :)

Last edited by spotanjo3,

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I actually love the way ZSnes looks. Gives it character. Accuracy is the real issue. If it ran as well as bsnes, with the look? That'd be great.
Byuu made an april fool's joke once. Making higan Snes core a bit less accurrate, and using the zsnes gui. It worked surprisingly well though.

hobbledehoy899

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Right. You forgot something.. If you're using ZSNES, it has a neat feature that automatically patches your ROM when you load it. It does not modify your original ROM copy. No additional programs are necessary.(Of course this only works on SNES games.) Just rename your patch to the same name as the ROM and place them in the same directory (Folder) together, and ZSNES will find the patch and apply it every time the game is run, which leaves the original ROM untouched! It's neat. SNES9X don't. That's another reason to make this great emulator too. :)
Flips doesn't delete the original ROM when you patch it.

Because you can play online with it
Only with older, even worse versions. On 1.50 netplay was completely removed and 1.51 didn't add it back.

Last edited by hobbledehoy899,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

hobbledehoy899

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am not talking about that, thought.:wacko:
Flips is an IPS patcher, you where talking about how ZSNES could load an IPS file and apply it to a game without creating a new file for it. Also, (at least on SMW Central) the BPS format (which is also supported by Flips) has completely killed the IPS format.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flips is an IPS patcher, you where talking about how ZSNES could load an IPS file and apply it to a game without creating a new file for it. Also, (at least on SMW Central) the BPS format (which is also supported by Flips) has completely killed the IPS format.

Flips.exe is new to me and I never have tried it before. Don't want to. I am fine with how ZSNES could load an IPS file and original rom. Just rename your patch to the same name as the ROM in the same folder. After that, I just deleted patch if I want and still have an original ROM untouched. I don't have a problem.

hobbledehoy899

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Flips.exe is new to me and I never have tried it before. Don't want to. I am fine with how ZSNES could load an IPS file and original rom.
But what about IPS patches for games on other systems? IPS files aren't just a SNES/ZSNES thing.
Just rename your patch to the same name as the ROM in the same folder.
What if you'd want to play two different patches that apply for the same game?

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what about IPS patches for games on other systems? IPS files aren't just a SNES/ZSNES thing.

I have never tried that before. I don't bother with that, that's why.

What if you'd want to play two different patches that apply for the same game?

You can't. You still have to rename one patch to the same game or you can just copy the same game and paste a new one then rename other patch to that copy same game. Got it?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

hobbledehoy899

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't. You still have to rename one patch to the same game or you can just copy the same game and paste a new one then rename other patch to that copy same game.
That sort of impractical file "management" is exactly why one would just want to patch to a new ROM file outright instead of patching a game on the fly in an emulator. I mean, why should constantly having to rename files be apart of the gaming experience?

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sort of impractical file "management" is exactly why one would just want to patch to a new ROM file outright instead of patching a game on the fly in an emulator. I mean, why should constantly having to rename files be apart of the gaming experience?
Thats only if you want to play multiple romhacks, also just make copies of a rom and rename them to like smw1.sfc, smw2.sfc then smw1.ips, smw2.ips

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are people (potentially you the reader) still using it, what with its DOS-era pseudo-window GUI and low emulation accuracy?
ZSNES_Interface_Windows.png

because soe don't run on any other snes emulator but this one.

Jack Daniels

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's ahm controveral rom, more lie a book, but adult manga 1 and 2 are one of the roms working on real snes with copybox but not on emulators except zsnes for as far as i know

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zsnes had the best interface but it is outdated because you cannot disable the filter in DirectDraw, so everything is blurry compared to snes9x Direct3D. And if you want to get maximum image quality 5xbr-v4.0-noblend.cg shader on an unfiltered original resolution output image gives amazing 1080p results close to perfection.

bsnes / higan / retroarch are more accurate but not user friendly at all.

Last edited by Enteking,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So what ? LOL! hobbledehoy899, why are you complaining ? If you don't like it then you are free to choose. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr