OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
When I launch WBFS manager to load the .iso, it asked me to format. After I done it, place the .iso in it, I went to My computer/ M drive to open, it prompt me to format again.
How can I load my Apps, USB loaders folder in the same SDcard with iso?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Format it first on your computer with a WBFS manager, it will be read on computer and Wii.
Formating on Wii is only readable on a Wii.

Don't try to access your drive with your computer explorer. It's not formated in a readable format.
If you want to place apps AND iso on the same drive, you will have to make 2 primary partitions, first FAT32 for your apps, and the second one in WBFS for the ISOs.
The FAT32 will be accessible on your computer as a normal drive.

josho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Oic, i should have guessed that. Ok, I just tried formatting on my SDcard, but I cannot seem to make it partition tho. Any help on SDcard partition? Im holding a 2GB card

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
josho said:
Oic, i should have guessed that. Ok, I just tried formatting on my SDcard, but I cannot seem to make it partition tho. Any help on SDcard partition? Im holding a 2GB card

I have replied you in the other thread, but anyway here's cut & paste:

oggzee said:
QUOTE(josho @ May 21 2009, 03:11 PM) im a little confuse. I need to format using WBFS manager to load in the .iso, but that means the rest of the apps will be format off. But, when I tried to open the SDcard drive, my PC prompt me to format it.
I just cannot load in the games with the apps in it at all. Im kinda confuse tho.

Are you trying to use just the SD card for everything, games and covers and config?
Then you need 2 partitions, one WBFS for games and another one FAT32 for the apps, covers, configuration,...
Both should be primary partitions. And I recommend allocating at least 100MB for fat partition, maybe even 200MB, if you want to put all existing covers on it and some more stuff.
But creating 2 partitions on a SD card is not so easy to do in windows.
You can use this tool: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/ (use the liveCD)
It should work, but be careful not to format your disk
wink.gif

If this doesn't work, I think there was another tutorial how to do it, but I don't know where it is
tongue.gif

oggzee

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
josho said:
Thanks oggzee!
Do you mean by this :http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=271779 ?
Seem like after I download, there's no program to start up as seen like on it's screenshot. (im aint IT expert tho)

Yes, you have to burn that .iso image on a cdrom and boot your machine from that cdrom.
That utility is similar to Partition Magic, if you ever used that? It's a free version of that.

josho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
oggzee said:
josho said:
Thanks oggzee!
Do you mean by this :http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.p...ckage_id=271779 ?
Seem like after I download, there's no program to start up as seen like on it's screenshot. (im aint IT expert tho)

Yes, you have to burn that .iso image on a cdrom and boot your machine from that cdrom.
That utility is similar to Partition Magic, if you ever used that? It's a free version of that.

I tried booting from the CD and there's no option on formatting thou. been scratching head.

My friend gave me this link: http://www.1src.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133718 Apparently, I cannot find the correct SDcard on the USB. Man.. Im driving myself crazy

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well what you could try is to install the loader as a channel or as preloader's autobooting dol. Then it will in the wii's nand and load from there, and you can use your sd for the games. This way you can't use the covers function of the loader though.

josho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Managed to get the program start well finally. But wondering why I cannot see another drive from the SD. I had set it to 1.9gb and 200mb. I somehow cannot see 200mb drive tho.

- Went to Computer Management, 200Mb drive had been detect but do not allow me to format and add in drive letter. Asked me to reboot the computer due to partition or volume not detect, did reboot but no use. Getting closer one step but stuck at this final stage!

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you allocated too much space for the bigger one? 1.9 GB + 200 =/= 2 GB plus the actual size isn't exactly 2 GB to begin with is it? So try making the bigger partition smaller or something.

josho

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
nabster92 said:
Maybe you allocated too much space for the bigger one? 1.9 GB + 200 =/= 2 GB plus the actual size isn't exactly 2 GB to begin with is it? So try making the bigger partition smaller or something.

Gonna try it out and see what i can do with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."