Hacking Issues with USB loader GX

ZoobaAruba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed USB loader GX last summer using a tutorial on youtube, I can't remember which one or which ios I have :/

I've successfully played games off a 8GB USB stick formatted to wbfs, but when I bought a 1TB hard drive (fat32) and tried to play (.wbfs) games off it, the loader only sees 4/12 games and doesn't see the capacity of the drive (it used to say X GB of 8 GB free)

All of the games are .wbfs format and worked when I played them individually on the flash drive. I've put them into a folder named "wbfs" on the fat32 1tb using Witgui for mac. I tried deleting them and putting them in again, but only 4 games show up. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Maybe it's something to do with the path/naming? I leave the name untouched (same as what I downloaded) and I just dump them all into the wbfs folder, no subfolders. I'm confused because it seems to work for 4 of the games.

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Could be a path problem, use wii backup manager for that (get a wine based app such as crossover games in order for you to launch the executable)

grizzlage

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I actually had the same issues. It's due to the way osx works with it's file system. It creates a hidden file for every file that exists in a directory that begins with ._

For example if you had mariokart.wbfs in a folder, hidden in the same folder is ._mariokart.wbfs. The file is very small and used to store some extra meta data about the file for OSX to use. You dont see these files on the mac, but usbloader will see them and get confused as it now sees 2 wbfs files in the same folder. Everything goes bust when it tries to read the ._ file. I dont know if it just crashes the loading functionality, or just keeps skipping to the next game / folder when it fails, but either way the ._ prevents usbloader from loading the rest of the games.

These ._ files are automatic as soon as you touch a folder / file with finder. So you'll need to make sure to clear them before unmounting the drive from the mac. Personally I use an app called BlueHarvest (paid) thats designed to keep non mac formatted drives clean of these files. Other then that you can use one of the many free programs out there to reveal the hidden system files and manually delete the ._ files from all the folders.

ZoobaAruba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll try that, but why would the system only make hidden files for some of the games and leave out the 4 that are visible?

edit- just checked, no hidden files in the wbfs folder, some in the root folder of the hard drive, which shouldn't affect the USB loader at all, but I deleted them anyways...still not showing the other games, same 4 are still visible.

Skanob

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'll try that, but why would the system only make hidden files for some of the games and leave out the 4 that are visible?

edit- just checked, no hidden files in the wbfs folder, some in the root folder of the hard drive, which shouldn't affect the USB loader at all, but I deleted them anyways...still not showing the other games, same 4 are still visible.

I think you would need to put your .wbfs games on an NTFS partition...? And probably use WiiBackup Manager IF the file/folder naming convention is necessary. Then you might want to make sure that all your files/folder are not set as read-only. The latter is the problem that I had with GX,

ZoobaAruba

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I figured it out, thanks for all the help :) it turns out the game IDs were wrong, for some reason Witgui was changing the names :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night