Hardware Issues with my N3DS. No indication of power after shutting down?

DarkSoulFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I don't know where else to go for this particular problem. I opened up my N3DS from sleep mode to play some games (I was on Emunand at the time) but I decided to restart by 3DS because I wanted to play a game from my sysnand. I powered off the system but something odd happened. I was not able to turn it on until I mashed a whole bunch of buttons then it booted to my sysnand.

I ended up wanting to go to my emunand again so I turned it off and tried turning it on. Lo and behold, I can't power it on. Whenever I press the power button, there would be no response. (no light or anything) The 3DS shows no indication that it's charging when I plug in the battery. I'm really at a loss here and I would not like to send it back to Nintendo if possible because I have a whole bunch of saves I need to recover from my emunand. (and plus its a Hyrule edition with 9.2 so it's pretty much void). Has anyone experienced this problem before/is there anyway for me to extract my save games from my emunand?

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm really worried about this and I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I don't know where else to go for this particular problem. I opened up my N3DS from sleep mode to play some games (I was on Emunand at the time) but I decided to restart by 3DS because I wanted to play a game from my sysnand. I powered off the system but something odd happened. I was not able to turn it on until I mashed a whole bunch of buttons then it booted to my sysnand.

I ended up wanting to go to my emunand again so I turned it off and tried turning it on. Lo and behold, I can't power it on. Whenever I press the power button, there would be no response. (no light or anything) The 3DS shows no indication that it's charging when I plug in the battery. I'm really at a loss here and I would not like to send it back to Nintendo if possible because I have a whole bunch of saves I need to recover from my emunand. (and plus its a Hyrule edition with 9.2 so it's pretty much void). Has anyone experienced this problem before/is there anyway for me to extract my save games from my emunand?

Feel free to ask me any questions. I'm really worried about this and I'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Does your battery look like it leaked it or has a bulge could just be dead also was the N3DSXL plugged in while this happened?

DarkSoulFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does your battery look like it leaked it or has a bulge could just be dead also was the N3DSXL plugged in while this happened?
I turned on my 3DS while it wasn't charging. The battery looks fine. I've swapped it out with another battery and it still has no response.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned on my 3DS while it wasn't charging. The battery looks fine. I've swapped it out with another battery and it still has no response.
Sounds like the board got shot somehow (have you ever opened,dropped,tossed it before?). Do you get any lights at all or maybe a very faint pop sound when you hit power?

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

DarkSoulFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the board got shot somehow. Do you get any lights at all or maybe a very faint pop when you hit power?
Hmm...That's weird. I just can't see how the board got shot. There are no lights at all. No lights when I charge it and no lights when I try to power it. I took it to a repair shop and the guy said the hardware was fine and it might be something with the motherboard...but I don't understand how a motherboard problem would affect the way it charges. Not too sure how credible the repair shop is so take it with a grain of salt.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...That's weird. I just can't see how the board got shot. There are no lights at all. No lights when I charge it and no lights when I try to power it. I took it to a repair shop and the guy said the hardware was fine and it might be something with the motherboard...but I don't understand how a motherboard problem would affect the way it charges. Not too sure how credible the repair shop is so take it with a grain of salt.
OK this could be the problem but there is a very delicate cable that's near the power switch maybe it got disconnected and that's why your power button presses are doing nothing? Let me find a good picture.

Right here
15fWbFi.jpg

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@milerwan Any ideas something has to have disconnected internally but I don't know what

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

DarkSoulFlame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK this could be the problem but there is a very delicate cable that's near the power switch maybe it got disconnected and that's why your power button presses are doing nothing? Let me find a good picture.

Right here
15fWbFi.jpg

@milerwan Any ideas something has to have disconnected internally but I don't know what
Hm...I need to disassemble it to check. But it's kinda odd how that would suddenly disconnect. Would that explain the reason why there's no light when charging?

milerwan

Seasoned technician
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If the console don't turn on when pressing Power button the fuse must be defective.
Without fuse, the console don't charge too.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

Right here
15fWbFi.jpg

Thats the microphone :P the power button button is next to it on the pcb

As for whats wrong, with no power or charging led that would have to be both fuses shot (which would be fairly unlikely to happen)to have that effect there is one by the battery (already shared above) and one by the charging port

Sounds to me like either a loose flex (I would guess the one that joins the 2 main sections) or the board has just died for *reasons*

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
If the fuse being burnt/slit is the cause of the problem but you don't have a multimeter to check then you could try shorting the fuse with a wire and try plugging in the console that way. Do this at your own risk.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats the microphone :P the power button button is next to it on the pcb

As for whats wrong, with no power or charging led that would have to be both fuses shot (which would be fairly unlikely to happen)to have that effect there is one by the battery (already shared above) and one by the charging port

Sounds to me like either a loose flex (I would guess the one that joins the 2 main sections) or the board has just died for *reasons*
Ah my bad im not to familiar with 3DS hardware. My strong suite is PSP's and 360's you could give me a pile of mixed broken and good parts and I would throw together at least 3 PSP's.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple