Gagarin

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have bunch of isos on my pc but how to transfer it into my jtag hdd. I mean I know how to ftp or use data cable.
Problem is how to copy it on hdd. When I look into iso files there is no default.xex files or anything like my other games on jtag.
Any idea?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
GOD installs have the benefit of dodging region encoding (not that it is hard to do otherwise) and so much else as well as working directly from the main system menu with no hassle (there are shortcut options but GOD installs appear without having to do that) but the downside of no easy access like you have with a straight up iso extraction (hacking is getting quite good on the 360). I suppose if you really cared then games also appear on profiles but that is minor league stuff.

FTP is so much easier but if you must both FSD and xexmenu will read USB drives and allow you to transfer arbitrary files using them- this includes the files made by iso2god or the results of extracting an iso. Rather than using FTP to transfer the files you can just copy them into the required directories instead. It will take a lot longer that way around (USB overhead (maybe even using some slower flash memory too) plus doing at least an extra file copy somewhere along the line).

In the end it is pure personal preference. They both run all games and have their minor advantages and disadvantages.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok, time to buy a long cable then
smile.gif
i think i prefer god files then, thanks for the info
smile.gif

would a normal ethernet cable work? because http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.22400 that looks good
tongue.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You should not need a crossover cable- most modern network interfaces will switch it automatically but if not you can always swap the wires over yourself ( http://www.makeitsimple.com/modules.php?na...id=8&page=1 or any number of other guides)

Also when I say not that it is hard to do otherwise- xexmenu and FSD can both patch things by pressing two buttons and xextool (which has a few frontends) not to mention stuff like Rar To 360 should be able to do it as well if you are on a PC.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ok
smile.gif
last question lol ;p , i'm getting halo 3 odst with it, does that contain a update that could spoil my xbox before jtagging it?
i have the 2.0.7371.0 dashboard

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe Halo 3: ODST has the 7371 update on which will be in the $systemupdate folder. To be safe JTAG your console first, bridge U6T1 and then play your games.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Speaking of games with updates on them, I notice some games will say "This game needs an update, otherwise you'll be logged out of XBOX Live."

I assume these are patches to fix bugs and whatnot. Never occured to me that they could actually be dashboard updates.

Right now I'm on 9199 but is there any way to tell the difference between a simple patch and a full blown dashboard update? (thinking for the future) I'd never go online with a JTAG but just wondering.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Most games have a update folder on them $systemupdate which contains a dashboard update, normally 7371. If you really want to, you can strip it out, rebuild the ISO and then do a GOD install. The next version of ISO2GOD will have an option to remove the $systemupdate fodler as it's converting. ISO Extract also has an option to remove the $systemupdate and you can then FTP the files, but I prefer a GOD install.

For game updates they will be either bug fixes, or updates to support DLC released after the game. You won't get the updates are availible message as you won't be signed into Live, but if you attempt to use DLC it may tell you a title update is required to use the DLC. If you have saves from a game which has title updates installed, you will nornally be unable to use them on another console/ HDD unless you also install the same or newer title updates.

You cannot use any dashboard update with a JTAG, if you do your will no longer be a JTAG. Always bridge U6T1 to prevent dashboard updates.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
personally, i use XBC to extract my isos.

on a further note, is it possible to do the inverse of this topic, ie jtag'd disc files to ISO?
and if so, is there a way to make it live safe?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You can extract them ( http://gael360.free.fr/wxPirs.php or le fluffie both being able to do it) but you may end up with a "demo" version if you do (not sure if that patch from a few weeks back works for this). Some dashboards (360Dashit) have the ability/are geared to run XBLA from external devices but it was not available for all of them.

What overlord00 and tk_saturn were speaking of is the ability to take an iso you extracted (or turned into a GOD install) and turn it back into a working iso. You can (tk_saturn linked some of the programs able to to do it) but it will not be safe to use on live and I know of no way to get back there short of generating par2 files or something like it for the original iso and using that to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol