Is Windows 10 more stable than Windows 8?

Albireo6972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still using W7 myself, but looking into 10 here and there, anyone have a good guide to de-crapify it, a good guide to make it more "arrrrg" friendly?

GunzOfNavarone

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a dual-boot system with 8.1 and 10. They're both fine in their own right. Of course some games only work with Windows 10 and Win 10 has some really neat features but the forced updates can become annoying. Also, pretty much everything in previous versions of Windows has a new method of reaching it or configuration to it in Windows 10. My profession is IT so it benefits me having access to both (as well as the gaming side).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Win10, and its much more viable. I'm not sure why people slate it so much.

Usually, people always hate Window Me, Vista, 8, and 10. Blah blah blah. That's their opinion. However, I agreed with those people for the first time is Vista. Yeah, Vista was really horrible Windows and most negative.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have 2 systems with win 10, I didn't have any problems. Clean install is always the best to have a better system.

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still using W7 myself, but looking into 10 here and there, anyone have a good guide to de-crapify it, a good guide to make it more "arrrrg" friendly?
Honestly it's fine as it is. You can hide Cortana and it won't get in your way. As long as your Windows 7 license is valid you can still get valid Windows 10 for free using the assistive devices upgrade loophole.

Microsoft knows that they can not run a tyranny if they want to remain the portal to the Internet and work. The aggressive upgrade routine is the thing that most toes the line, but even most consoles get all huffy if they are not up to date and you want to use the eShop or whatever.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Usually, people always hate Window Me, Vista, 8, and 10. Blah blah blah. That's their opinion. However, I agreed with those people for the first time is Vista. Yeah, Vista was really horrible Windows and most negative.

I had Vista for a long time, it's not the best but it does it's job

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I always thought vista was a fantastic operating system. I found it completely solid and loved it compared to xp.
I hear people always thought it was slow because manufacturers often made computers with specifications that didn't meet Vista's standard.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country

Here is the simple guide. Get Windows 10 Enterprise, build 1607 and install it. Use Shutup10, choose to use the suggested settings, then disable windows defender as well. Use kmspico to activate (it can be found the usual places and there are already plenty of guides on how to use it). Uninstall get office and that skype nag thing (you can install skype for the desktop later if you wish). Install Classic Shell, Install Spybot anti-beacon and run it, run Shutup10 again and apply the suggested settings again. Save the current settings in shutup10. After every update, run Shutup10 again to restore any settings Microsoft may have reset. Done.

Honestly it's fine as it is. You can hide Cortana and it won't get in your way. As long as your Windows 7 license is valid you can still get valid Windows 10 for free using the assistive devices upgrade loophole.

Microsoft knows that they can not run a tyranny if they want to remain the portal to the Internet and work. The aggressive upgrade routine is the thing that most toes the line, but even most consoles get all huffy if they are not up to date and you want to use the eShop or whatever.

Actually, that's what Shutup10 is for. Works perfectly fine. Spybot anti-beacon + Shutup10 + Classic shell = about the same as W7 for me so far.

Last edited by nl255,
Reactions: Albireo6972

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Spybot? Sorry, but I refuse to trust something that cannot be uninstalled. I ran it once due to a virus scare, and had to fully reset my computer because it kept demanding to be reinstalled even after I was certain I removed all traces.

My system is stock. I minimized Cortana in the task bar, uninstalled the get Office app and turned off suggestions using the settings app; and now it does everything without noise or annoying shit.

And again, if you have a valid Windows 7 license (even a cheap OEM license from Amazon will work), you can still get get valid Windows 10 license for free. After you get the license your system is fully sanctioned and you do not have to waste time with an arms race of paranoia.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I consider it a better idea to understand, adapt to, and anticipate changes in technology. Continuum hints at a future where there is no such thing as a PC anymore. If we refuse to understand how and why our computers work and change we will end up like your grandfather that is bewildered by everything that is not Windows 95 and yells at you because your Nintendo broke his Solitaire.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...