duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Down?
its on but auto redrict to the splash
if you look right you can see for a sec the normal site

Yup, and if you're using the AdBlock Pro plugin, and click on the adblock icon, select block element, and click anywhere on the splash screen, you can choose to block the Ben memorial splash and it will let you access the website normally. Site is definitely not down.

CoolAlpha

Trophies
XP
Country
So sad for Ben...
If you want to see the page paste
Code:
javascript:document.getElementById("ben").remove()
in the address bar and press enter

EDIT:
for security reasons you have to type "javascript" manually

Last edited by CoolAlpha,
Reactions: Deleted User

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
FZ9JUXg.png

clank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
I got to remove the Ben memorial with uBlock yesterday, but still, I can't scroll in the page, as there's no scroll bar. I tried to edit the html and force a scroll bar, but if I get it to appear it's greyed out and doesn't work.
Any idea? The same thing happens with the javascript method.

ChronoX_

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What does it matter that you can't load the page for a few days? It's not like you guys are going to contribute anything...

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If nobody can access it, then nothing will be added. Just show some respect instead of trying to remove his memorial page.

Look I respect the guy, I'm sorry for his passing, now respect other people's desire to browse the web. It's not helping anyone to have a Splash blocking the whole page,
no information is getting shared and it does not help the people in mourning so what's the point? please stop white knighting.

I can't seem to scroll at all if I do both the Javascript and the AB(+,Pro, whatever) methods. Anyone else get this?

Install Noscript plugin on Firefox and the webpage works perfectly (Thanks @gamesquest1 for the answer)

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

although noscript is the best answer here, would cloning the site through a website copier work? Or would it just copy the additional memorial script alongside it as well?

Zeriel

Squid Kid
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That site wouldn't exist without him. Show some respect and wait a couple days. It's not up there to inconvenience you.

Again I'm sorry for his passing, he was a great guy, great asset to the hacking community, but the full
splash that blocks access to the website does inconvenience me. I will mourn how I choose to mourn, not how you tell me to.

D

Deleted User

Huh? Wait a sec, I've not done anything to unblock the memorial page, but I just went onto wiiubrew now and didn't get the splash. O.o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back