Not open for further replies.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I did read. The only differing opinion I had just happened to be the picture quality. I did notice the different sizes.
The post you quoted was not the one I could not see the difference between. It was one there isn't a difference between. It was highlighting the file size saved by using a variable bit rate with a set quality over a fixed bit rate. The one I could not see (much) difference in was comparing VLC to another player.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
I usually use VLLC for weird video formats that aren't supported by MWP (although I've install CCCP so they usually are now). My only problem is, when playing MKV files, the video will break up occasionally and get really bad - something that doesn't happen when using WMP.
Another problem I find is when you skip along using the time bar thing the audio will stop for a few seconds (while the video plays normally) as if it's trying to catch up. Whereas in WMP this doesn't happen - I can skip to anywhere in the video with no problems at all.

1NOOB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And this. Take notice in the file size for this one lol.
10bit8bitdifferencemovi.jpg
I have to echo SifJar-san's comment. I can not see a difference between the two.

the top one got better colors , the other one is more "white"

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
I did read. The only differing opinion I had just happened to be the picture quality. I did notice the different sizes.
*Facepalm*..... That picture was meant to show the difference of file size with the same quality on the SAME PLAYER using 10bit instead of 8bit.... There is a post here that shows difference in VLC player and another player in terms of colors.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr