Hardware IS THIS REAL 3DS Playable With GameCube Controller Adapter Mod

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea. I'm guesing because it's kind of niche (I feel like this is the right word lol) is why they won't do it, it would really only sell to a specific audience, unlike the Wii U adapter which everyone will be buying.

Except me after after seeing PDP I figure why even bother with the gc adapter when it only works with one game when you have PDP that's capable with multiple titles i'd really be impressed if PDP works with the Wii version of the legend of spyro series or atleast a few Wii U titles like my pro u controller many people have no idea what the pro u controller is its this http://www.walmart.com/ip/InterWORKS-Pro-Controller-U-Black-WiiU-Wii-Nintendo-Wii/21977071 :)

ohsoroso

Turtle Neck Sweater.
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea as a huge Yoshi fan i'm loving that PDP controller, however the adapter is wired and does support real GameCube controllers the PDPs are just Classic Controllers (I hope to God they don't have the analog range of the Classic Controllers) but yea otherwise the PDPs are going to be popular, I can't wait to pick one up tomorrow and use it with Nintendont.

Reactions: SSG Vegeta

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This seems stupid. Just wait a month for the WiiU version instead of bastardizing a 3DS and having to play off a tiny screen. Normally with a handheld, you hold it up near your face, but you can't do that with a controller mod like this. Just try putting your 3DS on a table and imagine trying to play like that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I saw this on youtube & was in shock is this real i'm a newbie so don't be rude

Yes.
The japanese did it first, I saw a page a while back describing a lot of the details along with pictures and videos (of course I had to use Google Translate), it wasn't a full howto though but it was possible to see where most of the button wires were soldered. Although that was with a PS2 controller.

Edit: By the way, that's not a 3DS.

Reactions: BORTZ

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I'm guesing because it's kind of niche (I feel like this is the right word lol) is why they won't do it...

Nah, they wouldn't do this because there's nowhere to plug in accessories on the 3DS. They'd also lose a ton of buyers from the "New" 3DS scene, considering the extra circle pad is the main selling point for Smash players.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah, they wouldn't do this because there's nowhere to plug in accessories on the 3DS. They'd also lose a ton of buyers from the "New" 3DS scene, considering the extra circle pad is the main selling point for Smash players.
Even if it was possible, I really doubt many people would buy a gamecube adapter for a handheld though.

Reactions: Huntereb

SSG Vegeta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.
The japanese did it first, I saw a page a while back describing a lot of the details along with pictures and videos (of course I had to use Google Translate), it wasn't a full howto though but it was possible to see where most of the button wires were soldered. Although that was with a PS2 controller.

Edit: By the way, that's not a 3DS.

I'm aware of that I know its a 2DS but when I really think about it its nothing more than a cheap 3DS in tablet form & it easily breaks but stil gc mod is awesome :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol