Is This Possible

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by MrMcTiller, Dec 7, 2017 at 2:38 PM.

1. MrMcTiller
    OP

MrMcTiller GBATemp's Tiller

Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Somewhere in the Depths of Space
    I don't know where to put this so I put it here...

I was wondering if it is possible to redirect the microSD on the N3ds XL to run from a PC. My microSD is only 16GB and I have a lot of games. If I could have the 3ds run on the Hard Drive of a PC that would help a LOT.

2. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    I don't think you can, and even if you could, the only way I can think of it working would be by using a cord of some sort that goes from your PC into the mSD slot + some sorta fancy special software, which means you'd be stuck in front of your computer. Kinda defeats the point of a handheld. It also sounds like it could end up being overly expensive because it'd be some sort of weird obscure thing that a lot of people wouldn't use nor care about.

MrMcTiller likes this.
  3. MrMcTiller
    OP

Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    Do you think it would be possible to somehow use the microSD management feature to do this?

4. Tomato Hentai

Tomato Hentai nut neutrality

Oct 30, 2014
    Canada
    Alberta
    Probably not, no.

MrMcTiller likes this.
  5. MrMcTiller
    OP

Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    OK

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Well, there is that Transcend wifi enabled SD card running Linux that can be hacked, you could probably set up a SMB share on that to your PC and have it work that way, but it would be slow and tethered to your home network.
    That'll only work on o3DS though, a MicroSD is way too small to fit that kind of hardware inside. If you were really determined you could probably cut a hole for a SD card and use some sort of reverse MicroSD adapter dongle to plug a full size SD into the MicroSD slot.

SD cards are so cheap though so there's not much point in doing that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Dec 7, 2017 at 3:34 PM
    Tomato Hentai and MrMcTiller like this.