EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I've installed Matrix V3 on my Jasper BB. It glitches, however, if I unplug the power for a certain time, it'll require to have multiple glitch attempts before it'll glitch the second attempt every reboot. I was wondering if this was normal, I figured X360 ace v3 was the one that'd do the dynamic timing thing (X360ace v3 didn't work for my system because it'll infinitely glitch). I played with the timing file and none of them seem to do anything differently, they'd all take a minute or two to glitch successfully.

EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Change the RST wirelength, tiny bit shorter every time and try a
Also, you got wires running near the MOSFETs?

Most of my wires are as optimal as they can be as far as I know. I've used a guide on Youtube for how to setup the wires, most of the three wires going to the back of the board go through the holes near the x-clamps and come under the heat sink to the glitch chip itself. Is there MOSFETs behind the video port area? Because my wires run up there to the pads on the glitch chip itself. There is only one wire crossing the ground wire and the 3.3v wire, everything else aren't crossing anything. I am not at my house to take pictures of it, unfortunately.

So I take it, this isn't normal? I've been using RGH12_21 timing file.

Last edited by EvilWiffles1,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well the biggest problems are those coils on the board, they emit a lot of RF waves.

Anyway, I'd suggest just shortening the RST wire bit by bit and check if it helped in any way.
The least you achieve is better timings (99% of the time it's due to the RST wirelength), the boot times that is.

The not wanting to glitch part, I rarely have that meself (Falcon RGH 1, first glitch chip) but I blame that to one it being the first gen glitch chips.

Last edited by DinohScene,

EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well the biggest problems are those coils on the board, they emit a lot of RF waves.

Anyway, I'd suggest just shortening the RST wire bit by bit and check if it helped in any way.
The least you achieve is better timings (99% of the time it's due to the RST wirelength)

I'll give it a shot, last I wired it up, there wasn't much left to shorten, unless there is a better way to route the wire. If you know what the best route, then let me know. I'll go and take pictures in a bit.

Would CR4 help any? I don't remember ever selecting it when flashing.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Aside from clearing the major components, there isn't any real route to do it.
I've had the same route work differently.

It's not a real science, just luck ;p

Edit: CR4 would probably work but they're expensive and the last TX batch was bad.
Idk if they're still in production tho.

EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aside from clearing the major components, there isn't any real route to do it.
I've had the same route work differently.

It's not a real science, just luck ;p

Edit: CR4 would probably work but they're expensive and the last TX batch was bad.
Idk if they're still in production tho.

I meant CR4 as in the checkbox when you select Glitch2 in JR Programmer.
http://imgur.com/a/uWx9V
Pictures of the route. Can't see the other wire because it's under the coffee filter. I use coffee filter because pressure on the x-clamp is pretty loose so it helps with temperature, probably already know this though.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Could be that the green wire is to close to the capacitor.

Well, you could try it.
See if it makes a difference.
Like I said earlier, it's nothing but experimenting and checking the best setup for your board ;p

EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Could be that the green wire is to close to the capacitor.

Well, you could try it.
See if it makes a difference.
Like I said earlier, it's nothing but experimenting and checking the best setup for your board ;p

Well, I moved the RST over so it's not so close to the cap and snipped some extra wire I had left over. Not really much else I can do here. I think I can live with not having fast boot times when I unplug my Xbox though.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, it's not meant to be unplugged but eh ;p

What you could try is first booting it with the eject button so it boots up Xell, then turn it off and boot it normally.
Seems to work for me when bootanim is failing and the rare long/unable to glitch cycles.

EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, it's not meant to be unplugged but eh ;p

What you could try is first booting it with the eject button so it boots up Xell, then turn it off and boot it normally.
Seems to work for me when bootanim is failing and the rare long/unable to glitch cycles.

Well, after messing with the RST wire, it takes longer to glitch. Not instant anymore.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just leave it be. If you want better, more consistent boot times you'd need to put a cap on PLL Bypass. But if you do that you run the risk of blowing the CPU protection diode, which'll brick it.

EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I managed to get it back to the way it was before. I'll just leave it alone at this point.
Hey, if anyone here knows where to get trainers for Aurora, I'd like to know where to get them.

Reactions: brickmii82

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I managed to get it back to the way it was before.
Nice. It was interesting when 1.2 was developed, because it honestly came down to Matrix chips and CR rev C chips. The Matrix chips became the go-to because of price, and the fact that the Rev C has an onboard 100nf cap that can blow the CPU if you're not careful.

EvilWiffles1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nice. It was interesting when 1.2 was developed, because it honestly came down to Matrix chips and CR rev C chips. The Matrix chips became the go-to because of price, and the fact that the Rev C has an onboard 100nf cap that can blow the CPU if you're not careful.

Huh. Well, I just wish I went with the Matrix over the X360Ace v3 my first time.
By the way, how fast should data transfer be on Filezilla to Xbox? I get 11MB/s if using FSD and 7MB/s using Aurora. Not sure if it should be higher though, since my PS3 can get 20MB/s. My Original Xbox can do 11MB/s as well, just odd considering the technological differences between the two, you'd think Xbox 360 would be faster.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. Well, I just wish I went with the Matrix over the X360Ace v3 my first time.
By the way, how fast should data transfer be on Filezilla to Xbox? I get 11MB/s if using FSD and 7MB/s using Aurora. Not sure if it should be higher though, since my PS3 can get 20MB/s. My Original Xbox can do 11MB/s as well, just odd considering the technological differences between the two, you'd think Xbox 360 would be faster.
The Ace is a great chip, but it's best used imo with the stock timing files on Corona boards. The rev C may have longer boot times on Trinity boards, but it's rate of success is better so I use those on Trinities. As far as FTP, I've only done it over the Xbox SDK. Never messed with anything else. Speeds varied though depending on how much traffic was going through my home network. I can't quote speed in MBs, but sometimes it was slow and at times it was fast.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end