Is there any X360 emu's yet?

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is but it doesnt run anything playable. Only 1 game with serious texture issues, and it requires a processor you likely dont have

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check back in 15 years, maybe there will be something semi-decent then.

In all honesty, newer consoles are much more complicated and will continue becoming more complicated. It's getting to the point where no one wants to put in that kind of work, especially since it's more of a hobby project. You'll probably have to wait until we have PCs that are powerful enough to just use LLE at a playable speed.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Check back in 15 years, maybe there will be something semi-decent then.

In all honesty, newer consoles are much more complicated and will continue becoming more complicated. It's getting to the point where no one wants to put in that kind of work, especially since it's more of a hobby project. You'll probably have to wait until we have PCs that are powerful enough to just use LLE at a playable speed.
I think the newer the console is, than more PC-like it is. Original XBOX IS a PC, but still emulates like shit. Maybe because the the game liblary is lacking, so there is not too much interest going on.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the newer the console is, than more PC-like it is. Original XBOX IS a PC, but still emulates like shit. Maybe because the the game liblary is lacking, so there is not too much interest going on.
Just because it uses a X86 core doesn't mean it will be easy to run on PC. It could end up making it a bit more of a pain, actually. Just figuring out what parts of the instruction set the new consoles use could be a pain and if there's any differences. The other parts of hardware won't be a walk in the park, either. Especially graphics and audio side. Not to mention we'll have to figure things out on the software and BIOS side. I'm sure there are far more in-depth articles out there explaining why that won't be happening anytime soon, so I'm not going to even try to go in-depth.

Hungry Friend

It was my destiny to be here; in the box.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When/if 360 emulation gets good, it'll require one beast of a PC to run games at full speed. I recommend getting a used 360 as well.

Silithas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I already got an X360 slim, but i would have prefered an emu to atleast upscale the games to 1080p or higher, and maby added antialiasing and 60 fps unlocks :P

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Before doing that, check back in 30 years orso.

upscaling 360 games to 1080p would require a tremendous GPU and CPU.
60FPS, highly unlikely, things would mess up extremely bad.

Silithas

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Before doing that, check back in 30 years orso.

upscaling 360 games to 1080p would require a tremendous GPU and CPU.
60FPS, highly unlikely, things would mess up extremely bad.

Well, depending on how good the emulator will be, i'm guessing i can get a good 1080p 60 fps, as i can get 60 fps in 4k with max antialiasing on the wii emu with super mario sunsine.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know for a fact that SA is hardcoded for 30 FPS, setting it any higher would mess up mechanics of the game.
Pretty sure it's also true for more 360 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)