mich_e_l2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
please i have wii u with firmware 1..0.2
is there any way to update other than buying a game to update the system from ???

is there any alternatives to super smask bros ...and why must i put an original disc in the drive ???

Thanks

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to update to a specific firmware, you need to use a game. If you just want to be on the latest FW, use the online function.

And what do you mean by why you have to put an original disc in the drive? Where else do you want to put it if not in the drive??

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume he means for Loadiine. Yes, it must be Super Smash Bros. It is the game with the largest RPX and SD card access. You can also use the eShop version though.

mich_e_l2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I assume he means for Loadiine. Yes, it must be Super Smash Bros. It is the game with the largest RPX and SD card access. You can also use the eShop version though.

yeah i meant for loadiine ...
ok
in the future can any one make progress to make it run ( loadiine ) without original disc and by any other game other than super smash bros ??

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once there is a IOSU exploit you won't need any game at all, you can even use USB devices then.
But until then, loadiine in its current state is the best that will happen with a kernel exploit

mich_e_l2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
you mean by IOSU exploit as Reset glitch hack for xbox 360 right ???
are they near to discover that ???? it will be great for sure

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU is the OS for the security co-processor of the Wii U. It is exploitable via software and doesn't need extra hardware like the RGH on the 360.

The team does progress on this front but nothing conrete is known yet about possible attack vectors. I heard @Hykem can do a few crashes here and there but he keeps details under wraps.
He is documenting the IOSU on the Wii U dev wiki.

Reactions: mich_e_l2000

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended