Hacking Is there any way to downgrade 3DS firmware using a DS flashcart?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,796
  • Replies 6
D

Deleted User

OP
I would like to downgrade my 3DS to the firmware that allows you to use the browser exploit. (9.5.0-22U)
Is there any possible way I can do this with only a flashcart?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"It rather involved being on the other side of this airtight hatchway..." Unfortunately, once you have gone past 9.2, there isn't a way into the internals to start the process. Hopefully, in time, another entry point can be found, but at this time it isn't possible.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
"It rather involved being on the other side of this airtight hatchway..." Unfortunately, once you have gone past 9.2, there isn't a way into the internals to start the process. Hopefully, in time, another entry point can be found, but at this time it isn't possible.

Ah, I see.
I thought maybe since the new Gateway update allows use on 9.7 that there could have been a way to do so.

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, I see.
I thought maybe since the new Gateway update allows use on 9.7 that there could have been a way to do so.
The new Gateway launcher supports emulating up to 9.7 in emuNand (on old 3DS only right now, new 3DS should hopefully be able to soon), but the sysNand must not be above 9.2, or you have no way into the launcher itself. It's kinda like trying to break into a building. With firmware downgrades (old 3DS) and mset.cia (new 3DS), you can unlock the back door once you're inside, but you still have to get inside before you can do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls