Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Locke644

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if anything, this will impact them negatively. If there's anything I've learned about flashcart producers over the years, it's being loyal to your fanbase and not giving them the run around when it comes to using the product in the first place. I mean, who want's to buy a gateway when it won't even work, and yet a Sky (albeit a little different) works just fine?

Just bad marketing and bad business ethics here...

kamesenin888

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey ppl, I know you are frustrated with the waiting and you are like I'll get a sky3ds and everything, this doesn't work for everyone, the ones that imported a jap 3ds won't benefit from it, also if you want to play online sky3ds is the worst option unless you can get a private header, also if it requires an update you still won't get anything positive, I suggest you just wait, I'll not buy a sky3ds because I already have the card the do the job even better, not for now in the n3ds but I know they will release when the time comes, but in the end it's your choice, sell your gateway buy a sky3ds and when gateway release their update, you will think, ohh they can play all regions games, eshop games, they can install games to the SD, and I updated because I had this stupid card, it's your choice really

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow - I know there are some non-English as their first language folks here but look at the words...

"the release will be in the coming days". That could be forever.

If the message back was...

"the release will be in the next week" then you could start a timer and get all indignant if it's not released.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, insulting garyopa would not lead anywhere. Just wait and see. We can still hope for a release in the next few days. I assume last time they said "a few days" it was 3 days, but let it be 4 or even 7 we can still have an update soon. Stop hating, the GW team has found a way to enter GW mode and launch HB/Backups/whatever on the N3DS, I think the video is enough of a proof.

WAIT AND SEE.

Kugz

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
I feel that a bit of transparency from the Gateway team and it's associates/informants would go a long way at this point in time. Garyopa could have stated three days ago that he had received word a release 'could' be in the next upcoming days (perhaps with e-mail evidence) and that'd be it. No 72 hour nonsense. It wasn't 'fun', it wasn't a 'game' and to most people it just frustrated them more. Everyone with the old 3DS consoles is using their cards and people without a SKY3DS card are up shit creek without a paddle for now.

I mean shit, if SonyUSA actually came out and told us exactly what the fuck her relationship to the Gateway team is we'd probably stop hassling her with stupid questions she may not know.

Buy a SKY3DS guys if you want roms NOW because there's no way to tell when this bloody exploit will be released at this point. These guys aren't going to give any firm answers any time soon. They're wasting our time so just get something that works NOW and come back to Gateway when they finally decide to release a working product.

Reactions: Kohmei

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if anything, this will impact them negatively. If there's anything I've learned about flashcart producers over the years, it's being loyal to your fanbase and not giving them the run around when it comes to using the product in the first place. I mean, who want's to buy a gateway when it won't even work, and yet a Sky (albeit a little different) works just fine?

Just bad marketing and bad business ethics here...
The thing that will really fuck GW is when games start shipping with 9.3 and above FW updates on them I am sure they have already lost jap sales due to MM having 9.4
GW better release before EU and NA regions start shipping games with updates or they are going to loose a lot more sales

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey ppl, I know you are frustrated with the waiting and you are like I'll get a sky3ds and everything, this doesn't work for everyone, the ones that imported a jap 3ds won't benefit from it, also of you want to play online sky3ds is the worst option unless you can get a private header, also if it requires an update you still won't get anything positive, I suggest you just wait, I'll not buy a sky3ds because I already have the card the do the job even better, not for now in the n3ds but I know they will release when the time comes, but in the end it's your choice, sell your gateway buy a sky3ds and when gateway release their update, you will think, ohh they can play all regions games, eshop games, they can install games to the SD, and I updated because I had this stupid card, it's your choice really

Why update? You wouldn't want to play online with a Sky3DS, anyway. And since there are no games requiring 9.5 or higher, an update isn't necessary right now.
For the Jap consoles, though... well, you have a point. That's why I spent the few extra bucks and got an AUS one... Won't say that ones who bought a Jap one are fools, though... just tied to Jap games for once. It's not like you can't play all of them.^^

why did we trust someone with less than 100 posts in the first place anyway?

Because he's an admin of Maxconsole and probably the one who posts updates on the Gateway website.
Seems to be insignificant in retrospect.

mironicus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If they could deliver something they just should do it instead of making promises about upcoming updates.

But I bet that the Gateway team gets nervous about their sales and so they make such a bullshit. Those flash cards are a gold mine after all and here we make decisions which cards to buy.

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He's the admin of Maxconsole where Gateway's official support forum is at.

He's the Mod for Maxconsole, Gateway's official site, so they correspond with him moe than normal people.

If this is the way he acts then he's a shitty admin and shouldn't be one. Forum admins should have some basic decency if they want to keep a visitor base. It would have been better that he just come out and say that the release "might be" in 3 days but it's not 100%

Reactions: Aeodan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1