Zombie thread, RAAAGH

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Works in both. That screenshot I posted was taken back in 2012.

Was using it in my original 3DS XL in an adapter before doing a system transfer in November to my N3DS XL.

Like I said before, all 3DS consoles support up to 128GB. Just gotta format it as FAT32 first.

So that picture is on a new nintendo 3dsxl cause yes it probably does now support upto 128GB cards, I'm not on about that I'm on about the original 3ds models.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
So that picture is on a new nintendo 3dsxl cause yes it probably does now support upto 128GB cards, I'm not on about that I'm on about the original 3ds models.

oh for crying out loud. how clear do I have to make this to you? ALL 3DS CONSOLES HAVE ALWAYS SUPPORTED ALL SDXC CARDS UP TO 128GB AS LONG AS THEY ARE FORMATTED TO FAT32 FIRST.

read this. educate yourself. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488934

And if you assume that photo I posted which is from 2012 is about the N3DS, then you need to work on your concept of time. 2012 was three years ago, for example. yeah, that's hard to understand but you'll get there. I promise.

Reactions: Ralph1611

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
Erm...so I take it that there's no new news seeing as everyone is arguing the toss about SD cards..?

Nobody has heard from Garyopa this weekend so far..?

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Okay:
On one side, we have your friend who claims that his 64GB SD card would not work on his 3DS. You also have Nintendo's official site which states there is a limit of 32GB.
Only thing which I find odd is that there is no additional info for your friend's 64GB SD card. For all I know it could have been a fake or not properly formatted.
Nintendo's claims about this limit come from the fact that the SD Association's guidelines (Which is supported by their commercial formatting tool) do not allow SD cards formatted in FAT32 cannot be larger than 32GB. What this means is that you cannot have a single FAT32 partition on an SD card that is larger than 32GB.

What I propose is that those claims are artificial limits. What I fall back on to prove this point are various forum threads, news posts and maybe videos.
First of all, what seems to be the case is that there have been claims by various users all around who claim they have successfully loaded an SD card larger than 32GB on their 3DS.
If it is indeed true, then that must mean that they achieved having a primary FAT32 partition larger than 32GB on a single SD card. It is fact that 3DS will not recognize any other file system other than FAT32.
What we have to backup such claims are the following:
Code:
http://lofi-gaming.org.uk/blog/2013/10/25/updated-how-to-upgrade-your-3ds-sd-card-to-64gb-and-beyond/

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/184255-using-a-128gb-sd-card-in-your-3ds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1422579428

http://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/133045/what-are-the-specs-for-the-highest-end-sd-card-the-3ds-can-support

Therefore, I can conclude that the 3DS can support SD cards larger than 32GB, even way back to 4.5

The usual argument is that these sites have no authority. Yes, that is indeed fact and I have nothing to say against that.
What I find wrong with such logic though is that such logic is flawed, in that this is what we do all the time (We are at GBAtemp hacking our 3DSes). We are not following the authorities' guidelines, we are doing something that is not intended.
Formatting an SDXC card to FAT32 is unintended, and you are against that.
Why then are you not against hacking a 3DS?

Reactions: tony_2018

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only reason why Nintendo says cards above 32gigs aren't supported. Is because they technically aren't out of box. With some correct formatting it is compatible though.

I use 64gig SD card in my 2ds. Zero issues.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super hyped man! got my MM edition preordered, as well as my MM3D physical game preordered, as well as my GW in it's box! Bring on the hyyyyype!!

FEB 13th. If GW pulls through, it's gonna be the best friday in a loooooooong time :D

Awww yeah. Is your MM 3DS in store pickup though? I opted for next day shipping - I lucked out and got one during the "super secret" in-store only pre-order last Friday at Gamestop. Hoping it comes the 14th and not the following Monday... And I have $30 in BestBuy bucks for the MM physical cart. Can't wait!!!

Can someone straighten this bullshit out? Im tired of getting false and misleading information from people who dont know shit.

Welcome to GBAtemp. Where everyone is full of speculation and misleading information, and no one knows jack shit.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super hyped man! got my MM edition preordered, as well as my MM3D physical game preordered, as well as my GW in it's box! Bring on the hyyyyype!!

FEB 13th. If GW pulls through, it's gonna be the best friday in a loooooooong time :D

And if GW doesn't pull through, you'll buy a QQ3ds right?

Reactions: Random Joe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass