Zombie thread, RAAAGH

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No its OK I'm not trolling at all I'm very serious, this comment was made along while back when like GW released v.2.6 I think when you could access the devmenu and install .cia files on to your home menu. Someone said, I can't remember who they had bought a 64GB SDXC sd-card and it would not work in the side of his 3DS so he sent them back and got 2x32GB's in exchange which did work
He could have gotten a fake for all we know.

rfire90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD Card in the 3DS must use a FAT32 partition which cannot go above 32 GB. So, you may be able to use a larger SD card with a 32 GB partition on it, but the rest of the space will be useless.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone straighten this bullshit out? Im tired of getting false and misleading information from people who dont know shit.

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The SD Card in the 3DS must use a FAT32 partition which cannot go above 32 GB. So, you may be able to use a larger SD card with a 32 GB partition on it, but the rest of the space will be useless.

You sure? There are people sporting 64GB+ SDXC cards on the 3DS. FAT32 can go up to several TB, so only the 3DS' FW COULD be the bottleneck here.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I just ordered a 128 GB card for my 3ds XL. I want to format it to FAT32 and use all the space on the card in the 3ds. Is it possible? im sure it is right?

wow that's a lot of memory :) as far as i know you can use 128gb in 3DS but you need to as you said format it to FAT32,i used MiniTool Partition Wizard to format my 64gb card to FAT32 so try it may work for you. :)

Reactions: Ralph1611

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone straighten this bullshit out? Im tired of getting false and misleading information from people who dont know shit.

It says it there in black and white by Nintendo themselves (https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...-use-/Which-SD-Card-should-I-use--719810.html ) so if Nintendo say it on there website I would say its quite true, unless of course Nintendo are telling us all porkies! Yes you might be able to use a 32 partition with software but the rest will be useless.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
It says it there in black and white by Nintendo themselves (https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Support/...-use-/Which-SD-Card-should-I-use--719810.html ) so if Nintendo say it on there website I would say its quite true, unless of course Nintendo are telling us all porkies! Yes you might be able to use a 32 partition with software but the rest will be useless.

242.gif

I have a 64GB card in my N3DS XL and the entire 64GB is usable. You just need to format it to FAT32 rather than the default exFAT, which Nintendo do not offer as an option on their help brochures as they are cheap bastards who do not want to support the exFAT filesystem.

Want proof? This is a 128GB SDXC card, formatted to FAT32:

GltZD.jpg

3DS recognizes the entire 128GB.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow that's a lot of memory :) as far as i know you can use 128gb in 3DS but you need to as you said format it to FAT32,i used MiniTool Partition Wizard to format my 64gb card to FAT32 so try it may work for you. :)

I always go BIG man. :lol: I dont know wtf im gonna do when n3ds support is released. I have 3 white consoles to upgrade sd cards in to put CIA on there...:wacko:

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Bullshit.

I have a 64GB card in my N3DS XL and the entire 64GB is usable. You just need to format it to FAT32 rather than the default exFAT, which Nintendo do not offer as an option on their help brochures.

Want proof? This is a 128GB SDXC card, formatted to FAT32:

GltZD.jpg

3DS recognizes the entire 128GB.

Are you using a new nintendo 3ds xl or just an original 3DSXL? M8 that picture shows me nothing apart from alot of blocks.

nosignaldetected

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you using a new nintendo 3ds xl or just an original 3DSXL?

Works in both. That screenshot I posted was taken back in 2012.

Was using my 64GB micro SDXC card in my original 3DS XL in an adapter before doing a system transfer in November to my N3DS XL.

Like I said before, all 3DS consoles support up to 128GB. Just gotta format it as FAT32 first.

Reactions: MrJason005

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol