Hacking Is there any DS flashcard that works like Sky3DS ?

perkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do believe it resides in the flashable firmware of the cart.

hmm. This means that you would need patch firmware of card. Way more manual though it would actually get job done and probably won't be possible to build autopatcher from kernel itself would it ?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
hmm. This means that you would need patch firmware of card. Way more manual though it would actually get job done and probably won't be possible to build autopatcher from kernel itself would it ?
I have no idea, I know nothing about the DS except how to use an R4 card. :P

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
no would be a pain because then you would have to swap games with a button like the sky3ds, also considering how many games a DS flash cart can carry because roms are so small GL swapping between easily 70+
No it would not.
it would be pretty interesting to transfer our pokemon from black to 6G with the Poke Transfert.

perkel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have no idea, I know nothing about the DS except how to use an R4 card. :P

either way may you pm me with your kernel ? I'd like to test it if it works. Frankly speaking my flashcard UI is horrible and anything other than that would be improvement.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No it would not.
it would be pretty interesting to transfer our pokemon from black to 6G with the Poke Transfert.
you know you can dump them directly from the save on the flash cart with the older PKHEX and then just inject them Directly into your ORAS/XY Save

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
you know you can dump them directly from the save on the flash cart with the older PKHEX and then just inject them Directly into your ORAS/XY Save
Nope i didnt know that.
It's change the met place/date automatically to every pokemon in the saves or we have to do that for each one ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
afaik it wouldn't work for the majority of games, the reason lots of flashcards used the same "host game" i.e labyrinth or game and watch was because after a certain point extra security was added to NDS carts so older games were easier to spoof as the verification process was simpler allowing just a small section of the rom to be injected into the kernel to trick verification after which it jumped to the "rom selection menu"

i guess you could buy a collection of various R4 clones and try get a verity of "host games" so there isn't just 1 game you have played for 5 days instead you have 1 day on 5 different crap games XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)