Is there a way to transfer Wii Shop Channel accounts?

Discussion in 'Wii - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by Langin, Oct 10, 2012.

Oct 10, 2012

Langin New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Hi peeps,

Is there a way to transfer a Wii Shop Channel Account from one Wii system to another? I have two Wii's and I want to see one of them but I would love to keep my PURCHASED software. Also Nintendo confirmed towards me in a mail that I can ONLY transfer games from one Wii system not multiple ;_;

So is there a way without sending either of the systems to Nintendo? ;o

I know Nintendo can transfer shit, so we should also be able to do it, since both are hacked. ;p

clarky World Peace Is None Of Your Business

Message Count:
    United States
    only way I have heard of is sending it to Nintendo....although maybe worth investigating, make a nand back up of the original wii and try restoring it on your new wii? may work i guess

Langin New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    Yeah but then I have one little problem, I have saves, and paid stuff on both. So no nand restore I guess.

Hmm what if I send them both to nintendo, do they need warranty receipts of both? Since I have only one...

Message Count:
    United States
    correct me if I m wrong but if you did a backup of the nand wouldn't all your purchases and saves be backed up along side it as they are all stored on the nand? (even the licenses) . As for the sending to Nintendo, I am uncertain what they want before you send it to them, yet again may have to be one of these instants where you email the customer support or phone them

Langin New Member

Message Count:
    Antarctica
    No but wait... ;o

I have two Wii systems:

RED Wii:

Not hacked(yet), has Wii Ware on it

White Wii:

Hacked as the crap ;p, Has some old N64 games on it which I purchased LONG ago.

So if I overwrite my nand wouldn't some of my purchases be gone? :unsure: Example White --> Red Nand Restoring; all my Red Wii purchases are gone or not?

Or am I very wrong write now? Will the nands be merged? ;o

Message Count:
    United States
    ohhh I see I see, no the nand cannot be merged. I would say your best bet without hunting down wads of WiiWare games is to call Nintendo up and ask. Although I doubt it would so it good give the white Wii a clean up in regards to hacks, home brew etc though
    1 people like this.

SPONSORED LINKS