Hacking Is there a way to make a DS game look legit to an estore app for savegame transfer?

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically, I want to transfer the savegame from an ordinary 3ds flash card to a game which will be running on the Gateway.

The tool to transfer the game comes from the eshop. I need the system itself to recognize the flash card as the original game.

Does anyone know how I can do it? I was thinking of running the DS rom in the same manner as the Gateway runs the 3ds rom's.. Any ideas?

The game save is coming from Love Plus + and going to New Love Plus +.

Thanks for any ideas.
(I am awaiting delivery of the Gateway)

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that gateway does have a rom dump feature. go google it theres a tut out there somewhere
I think he's trying to say he wants to pull a game save from a regular DS flashcart, and import it into the gateway.

I don't think that can be done.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting question, whether or not this is an old thread.

I've discovered that the save transfer tool WILL work for Card2 games on a Gateway, I booted up my system-transferred NAND which has Pokémon X and Y as downloads, and the save transfer did offer to let me transfer it. I didn't actually proceed with it as it would have wiped my real saves, but I digress.

With any other games though, I recall it gave a message saying there was no save data to transfer. Because of how Gateway stores the saves on the SD and not in a usual save flash space, it didn't think there was anything there. This was also on an older version of Omega though, I haven't tried it recently... curious if it would work with the new beta. I'm guessing not, since they specifically said they'll be addressing savegames next.

Reactions: SweetieBelle

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am a she, and no.. not possible at this point. :(

Well, I went out and bought a Japanese console and 2 games, solved the problem. Thanks anyway guys.

Report​

I've noticed a lot of very old threads getting bumped for some reason by the same people

So? It is better than starting new threads. Keeps all relevant information where it belongs. Don't try and start trouble here dude. I haven't been bumping threads.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am a she, and no.. not possible at this point. :(

Well, I went out and bought a Japanese console and 2 games, solved the problem. Thanks anyway guys.

So? It is better than starting new threads. Keeps all relevant information where it belongs. Don't try and start trouble here dude. I haven't been bumping threads.

I think he would've wanted you to make a new thread for this post :P

SweetieBelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think he would've wanted you to make a new thread for this post :P

He can go cry in the corner. :P

It is nice when all of the needed information is in one thread. It is easily searchable and digestible.

That is why we don't delete threads after a month or so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over