Hacking Is there a way to change the date in the NDS software of the 3DS to launch old fw R4's?

Audino

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
I just found my old R4 card, i put it in my 3DS and surprisingly, i can launch it from the homemenu. However, when i launch it, it gives me a system date error. I know this can be solved by setting the date back to 2010 but i don't want to do that because then dates in my 3DS games are wrong. So my question is: is it possible to change the date of the NDS software in the 3DS or bypass this error without having to change the date? I'm running a9lh+luma on my 3DS.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC there was a way to hex edit some values of a R4's file so you can get rid of this problem, but I cannot recall where I read it

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi,
I just found my old R4 card, i put it in my 3DS and surprisingly, i can launch it from the homemenu. However, when i launch it, it gives me a system date error. I know this can be solved by setting the date back to 2010 but i don't want to do that because then dates in my 3DS games are wrong. So my question is: is it possible to change the date of the NDS software in the 3DS or bypass this error without having to change the date? I'm running a9lh+luma on my 3DS.
If you want to, you can buy a R4i from r4isdhc.com. They launch a new version every year, but it's almost the same every year. They don't have this time bomb that some of them have. Or (the only way I can think of) you can create an EmuNAND and launch it from the EmuNAND, so that you can change the date of it without messing with your console.

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i got a R4i3D last monday, no issues with my 11.2 (A9LH with luma) new3ds so far
The problem that OP has is that some cards have, like, a 2016 version. Then, when it reaches 2017, the card stops working, forcing you to buy the 2017 version.

metalknuxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The problem that OP has is that some cards have, like, a 2016 version. Then, when it reaches 2017, the card stops working, forcing you to buy the 2017 version.
ye i know, just in case he can't solve the problem, i got a 2015 R4i3D that still works no problemo, so it looks like those doesn't have a time limit too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM