ROM Hack Is there a save editor for Animal Crossing: New Leaf?

Satix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder why? Pokémon and Fantasy Life have one.

Fantasy Life's looks like it requires a flashcard or such. If any developers are interested though, save editing should be possible for almost every game now through web injection (Pokemon's method).

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
The Pokemon RAM injector sourcecode is there, so we only need to know the specific addresses to dump it. I could start a simple save editor if we get there.
I'm also interested on this because I lost my 3DS a few months ago and had to buy a new one. Fortunately, Nintendo transferred my eShop account to the new one, so I was able to redownload everything. But my 500+ hours savegame was lost and I would like to start a new savegame with all my art, money and catalog recovered.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantasy Life's looks like it requires a flashcard or such. If any developers are interested though, save editing should be possible for almost every game now through web injection (Pokemon's method).

Nope. Fantasy Life's is interesting, since all of the main save data is stored as 'extra data', which is inherently on the SD card. You just use the extData dumping tool, and you get access to the save files. Likewise, when you own a retail cartridge of the game, the save file isn't connected to the cartridge. I'm guessing this is why an editor popped up so quick.

Satix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. Fantasy Life's is interesting, since all of the main save data is stored as 'extra data', which is inherently on the SD card. You just use the extData dumping tool, and you get access to the save files. Likewise, when you own a retail cartridge of the game, the save file isn't connected to the cartridge. I'm guessing this is why an editor popped up so quick.

Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure what the save files are. Getting the files in/out seems very complicated, and the editor didn't come with a tutorial or anything. :(

I'm on the newest firmware anyway so I'm guessing I can't use any of the save extractors.

EDIT: Looks like you are required to have a modified 3DS of some sort. http://prntscr.com/5z5gwl

It'd be cool to see something like the web-based injection for Fantasy Life, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1