Hacking Question Is there a possibility for using Xbox one controllers on the switch, in 3.0.0?

StarBravo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to homebrewing and was just wondering if the possibility that we can use the Bluetooth to use third-party controllers before patch 3.0. I don't want to sound needy, was just curious if that is a possibility, thank you for your time.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new to homebrewing and was just wondering if the possibility that we can use the Bluetooth to use third-party controllers before patch 3.0. I don't want to sound needy, was just curious if that is a possibility, thank you for your time.
Possible? Maybe. Plausible? No. Xbox One controllers work on phones and tablets over Bluetooth. So the switch isn't entirely out of luck. Just need to ones who have the know how to get us there

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No u will need to update to at least 4.0.0 and get a wired 360 controller with one thoes usb controller adaptor

Reactions: netovsk

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no solution based on hombrew, but there's an adapter called the Magic NS adapter that you can plug into your switch to use your xbox controller.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/mayflash...roller-adapter-for-nintendo-switch-pc.478056/

It's usb A, but you can get a usb A to C cable if you want to use it on handheld mode.

I have one, I like it. My main setup is a 3.0.0 switch that uses this and an Xbox One Bluetooth controller.

Reactions: Uumas

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a usb dongle that can connect with xbox one controller to use on switch but it requires USB controller settings on switch to be turned on in options.

So it's /thread now? ;)

How does it work to play with it? Does it feel like the Pro controller in the games?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im sure once homebrew is out for 3.0 users someone will make something along the lines

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have a usb dongle that can connect with xbox one controller to use on switch but it requires USB controller settings on switch to be turned on in options.

I forgot those adapters were a thing. I'm wondering and secretly hoping if Nintendo will allow them (USB Controllers) to be read as a generic controller.

Last edited by Kioku,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot those adapters were a thing. I'm wondering and secretly hoping if Nintendo will allow them to be read as a generic controller.
I don't know anything about it, but I bet it would work like CronusMax for other consoles where it reports to the console as the official controller undetected online...

Does this dongle for the switch support mods and custom scripts?

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be achieved through software but I doubt many have interest in doing so... I lack both a switch and an Xbox controller to use but a similar hack was created for the PS3.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could be achieved through software but I doubt many have interest in doing so... I lack both a switch and an Xbox controller to use but a similar hack was created for the PS3.
Yeah but the thing with those dongles is that they are made for a stock console, not need to have it hacked...

And at least Cronusmax on the other consoles you have like an almost infinite possibility of controller mods like scripting your own rapid fire, and anything you can imagine controller related, anti recoil if you have good script......

I loved one for Battlefield where it would active laser\flashlight only when you pressed fire button so that you don't have it always on giving your position and the auto spot where you don't need to keep pressing spot button....

Ps if the switch dongle would allow that, would be epic and with a lot of value and no need to buy expensive modded controllers.

Last edited by guily6669,

SpeedyAus

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah brook accessory make one called x-one

mine arrived from kickstarter yesterday works a treat wireless and no dongle on Switch also can use on PS4 and pc

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: netovsk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night