Hacking Is There A Maximun CIA Limit In EmuNAND?

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think in theory if it is a bad cia it can cause issues, like a bad wad on the Wii. It least that is the fear.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I think in theory if it is a bad cia it can cause issues, like a bad wad on the Wii. It least that is the fear.

well devmenu tells you want kind of cia it is, if it is a system one, or regular game/app.
so if someone created a malicious cia that would brick your system(it's possible to do it), you would see that it is not a regular game cia, if you want to be careful only install games/apps

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
That is it. I know some ppl refused to instal WADs on sysNAND on wii because they were afraid of bricking. Honestly, just d/l from a legit source that has been proven in the past, and you'll be fine. If you wanna go the extra step, just practice install in emuNAND.
well devmenu tells you want kind of cia it is, if it is a system one, or regular game/app.
so if someone created a malicious cia that would brick your system(it's possible to do it), you would see that it is not a regular game cia, if you want to be careful only install games/apps
So a game .cia that is faulty will still not brick your 3ds?

Tank Dempsey

If you read this, you are an idiot.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Colors! and 4 Swords (DSiWare) boot if installed in sysNAND?

Tank Dempsey

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, if you do not have rights for them, you cannot play them, just like any game. GW patches that out so you can play stuff you are not supposed to, but it doesn't work with dsiware
What if I had Colors! in the past? Will it work?

Tank Dempsey

OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one more question: If I want to install cia's in sysNAND and use another sd card instead of deleting emuNAND, would I have to use the browser exploit or ds profile.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one more question: If I want to install cia's in sysNAND and use another sd card instead of deleting emuNAND, would I have to use the browser exploit or ds profile.
That depends on the version of sysnand you are running. <=4.5 DS profile, >4.5 browser

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
You're probably limited more by available space then the space emunand/sysnand has to store the information for each title. As I recall FAT32 (the only file system the 3DS supports) can't go higher then 64GB from what I've heard. So even if you can get a 128GB card installed I don't think the 3DS could ever be able to use it all. The gateway card supports exfat for the MicroSD file system, so I think the sky is the limit on that one. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte